[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - What's missing?

What's missing?

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: What's missing?

Postby silver_moonrise » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:34 am

Of course Avaible is a big help. In other threats , too =D
Use you creativity to make a rainbow.. or something useful =_=
silver_moonrise

Postby Avaible » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:25 pm

:mrgreen:
Avaible

Postby Taylor » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:21 am

Taylor

Postby Avaible » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Avaible

Postby skim » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:28 pm

skim

Postby Avaible » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:29 pm

By "font face" she just meant what's typically called a "font", presumably being able to switch fonts mid-sentence.
Novelty supports this to a small extent already because it needs to switch fonts when mixing asian and latin characters, but there's no way to do it manually.

But you can totally .

I could easily add italicization by skewing the character polygons, but bolding and bordering is tougher.
The bitmap font generator is capable of generating borders in case you need it.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:31 pm

Hm, a little something.

I don't know if it's already easily possible because I haven't yet worked with sliders, but here's my idea.

Noveltys Assets come with a Sample slider.
The Thumb of the Bar can smoothly be moved without breaks (in contrast to most mouse wheels).

I tried to make a simple slide in NoveltyML but wanted to have those breaks. I couldn't figure out how to to it.

Also, it's a bit ... uhm ... well, to make a slide one has to use XML, because there is no option for that when clicking on 'Create new object'. A slide can be added as a child, but not as stand-alone object using the visual interface. The same goes for Scroll Canvas'. Maybe that should be made available. And one has to use XML for 'From to value' of the slide, because it's not in the list of attributes.
Or is it just me?
Avaible

Postby DarkIcyWarrioress » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:09 am

A way to be able to add a skip button.

So that way if you are playing the game again (like to get a different ending) you don't have to re-read the whole novel. Alistair is a example. (game made with Renpy)

Options that can turn music on and off, extra artwork galleries or something.

A way to custimize the desktop icon so its not just a pink n and can be changed for a individual game.

of course, you probably CAN do all this and i just dont know how
DarkIcyWarrioress

Postby Dexter » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:07 am

For now, would be interesting have support for compact videos in mode stand alone, so that they can only be seen in the game and respect the order of progress in game.
Dexter

Postby arashi2 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:53 pm

What do you think about a flash-exporter, so you can publish your novelty project in the flash format.

This way it wouldn't be restricted to windows only and you don't have to download anything but can view it in the browser instantly.
arashi2

Postby Avaible » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Just now I've stumbled over a small issue where I don't think it's a bug but just not implemented yet.

When one uses event-scripts, one can assign those events by the name of the object. So, event obj.OnUpdate will be issued to the object obj automatically. But this doesn't work yet if ones uses letters like ö, ä, ü, ß in the name of the event. E.g. event ändern.OnUpdate is not possible.

I don't know if there's merit in fixing this, but I wanted to mention it at least.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:38 pm

It won't work because I'm fairly sure Angelscript doesn't allow non-english characters in function names.
The same goes for spaces too, so Novelty can't automatically assign an event to an object named "My object" either.

I've already improved this somewhat in my current build (next version). Firstly, you can replace invalid characters with underscore, and get the auto-assign: "event My_object.OnUpdate".

Secondly, I've added a [+] button next to each event in the property inspector that will open the script editor and auto-generate the event header, so you don't have to worry about the precise syntax.

But as I'm writing this I realized that I could probably hide the syntax-issue altogether by doing the replacement behind the scenes. In any case, the next version will deal with it.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Kay, thanks for the answer.
Avaible

Postby Haseo-san » Tue May 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Hello!! I'm new here and I've discovered Novelty thanks to a friend of mine. It's a pretty cool application, very easy to use but also pretty powerful. I have a few requests to ask about, though, and I think this topic should be the more suitable.
I start with two, for now:

- I don't know if this has already been asked, but I would like that it was possible to split the "smooth" movement of an objects in two functions, like "smooth start" and "smooth end". For example, I saw that if you want to move an object, you choose the option "Smooth" and it accelerates and decelerates at the beginning and at the end of the movement itself. But now, what if I want to make an object start the movement fastly and end it smoothly, and vice versa? I would like to be able to decide whether the movement starts or ends with this acceleration or not. It would also be useful being able to decide the "power" of both acceleration and deceleration of the smooth movement. This should also be implemented in the movement of the actors with the "Enter actor" and "Withdraw actor" functions, in which you can't decide if the "slide" has to be smooth or not. I don't know if I've explained myself properly (English is not my mothertongue, so please forgive me for any error XD);

- Could it be possible to implement a function to choose a sound to play when a dialogue is being "typed" or "faded"? I don't know if it is already present, but I think I haven't seen it anywhere in the program >_< It would be useful to not have the dialogues completely silent in case you don't have the voice-acting.

For now, I think these two functions should be enough for me! If something else come to my mind, I'll come in this thread to post them! ^_^
Thank you for reading, and compliments for the program!!
Haseo-san

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development