[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - What's missing?

What's missing?

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: What's missing?

Postby ErikB » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:55 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby nakatsu » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:56 pm

I've an idea but I don't know if is already working (if so, i haven't found it xD ) It's to see all the threads and branches like a genealogic tree, because if you make a visual novel with losts of them it have to be very difficult to organize it, and that will might help.

That's all ^^
nakatsu

Postby ErikB » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:48 pm

I know. Threads was a good idea, but they don't scale well and by using threads you break the WYSIWYG-ness of the editor so yes, it's something I definitely want to fix.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Z6595 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:58 am

Loving the new update as its fixes all the current problems that I had for now (hopefully no others pop up :D ). Too bad the other features in this thread weren't implemented but you can't rush quality, hopefully they'll be released in the future updates.

Anyway, I just notice that there is no "Go to Screen" option for the buttons/menu/etc.. This is somewhat essential for the "Save" screen as when you click on "Page 2" of the Save menu, a new screen pop up instead of you just going to that screen. Once you finished saving and try to exit/close the save menu, you have to close all the pages/screens that you opened. Not all that important but it can be a bit of a hassle.

I can see the usefulness of the "Open Screen" (aka RPG elements and such) so I'm not asking for it to be modified or remove, just an add-on if it's at all possible.
Z6595

Postby ErikB » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:38 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby strikerjd » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi'
a long time...

It's not a major change.

I think that a scale option into "enter actor" can be good.
For exemple, your ayame is too big for me. I need to scale her with another box.
ok i can do it when i create the character but i think that it can help.

More important

an inventory system can be wonderfull
> clic flower to add in you inventory
> find a woman
> give flower (drag&drop)
> have fun !

PS: don't work this all women... :D
strikerjd

Story Window: Novel tab

Postby skim » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:07 am

1. Sub-chapters within chapters.
2. Ability to choose multiple pages at once in the Story Window: Novel Tab
3. Ability to click and drag single or multiple pages around in the Story Window: Novel Tab to rearrange them.
4. Double click on Page or Chapter name to rename.
5. Do the shortcuts for the Story Window: Novel Tab work? (Ctrl+D to duplicate? I can't get it to work ...)
skim

Postby rootbeerking » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:26 pm

I don't know if this is already possible or not; but something I'd like to see is a feature to allow for creating animated characters(easily). For example: Blinking eyes, and lip movement when talking. Ideally it would be nice if we had the option to fully animate the actors like the characters in this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFDBipCttlM (skip to 3 minutes to see what I mean.)
rootbeerking

Postby ErikB » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm a huge fan of Vanillaware's games and I know what you mean. I have an idea of how to animate characters in that "papery" fashion, but it's a different thing to design usable tools for making those animations.

The same applies to "normal" character sprites. Any automated tool or wizard would require the input images to conform to some arbitrary rules for it to work in a predictable way. I don't like putting restrains on artists but I've thought about making some kind of character tool - if only to add another option.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby fleet » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:34 pm

I like to insert 'cut scenes' into my games/graphics novels.

I use the free version of DAZ 3D to create my game characters. That software has a function called 'Puppeteer' which allows you to make the characters move; you can then use the software's 'render' command to save the movement as an avi file.
I use a free program called movie to animated gif converter to change the avi file to an animated GIF.

I then use Novelty' file "import assets" command to change the animated gif to a asset that Novelty can easily handle.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby ErikB » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Novelty should play the AVI file too just fine.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby rootbeerking » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:16 am

Last edited by rootbeerking on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rootbeerking

Postby fleet » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:54 am

fleet

Postby Eva13796 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:25 am

This is probably a minor thing, and it's probably just me, but it would be nice if there was a "Variables" manager (like the window that manages the list of actors and automatically remembers their names to save time retyping the same name repeatedly). It's very tedious to have to retype the same variable name repeatedly when assigning numerical values to add or subtract to whatever variable I have.

In other words, it would be convenient if you took the feature of having the characters' names automatically memorized for dialogue use and copied it to the "Set game variable" action property area where you can just click on the arrow and a box will drop down of all the existing variables you have already inputted.
Eva13796

Postby fleet » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:41 pm

fleet

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development