[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Bug reporting thread

Postby fangkids » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:23 am

Hi, I'm new in this, but I had a problem. Although I managed to solve it, perhaps my solution can help you.

I had problems importing assets. In fact I couldn't import anything. Thats beacause I extract the software in my documents' folder. Now I have it in the Program files (I think, I'm from Argentina so for me is the "Archivos y Programas") in C:

I read in the web that I could extract it anywhere so... Perhaps you can check it. Thanks a lot. I hope I helped you.
fangkids

Postby OnomichiSaruokami » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:46 pm

"Unable to open .nvz file."
I exported the trial of my game, and didn't open the player right after so I went to the file and then played it. It gave me that log message.
What does this mean? o.o
Yaoi Fan//Anime Fan//Manga Fan//Cosplayer//Artist//Jpop Fan//Gamer//
OnomichiSaruokami

Postby ErikB » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Player.exe is not your exported game.
It should be in the Build sub-folder of Novelty.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby OnomichiSaruokami » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Ah~ I think I know what's going on now. After exporting the file, I have the application and the nvz file of the game. I dragged the nvz file to open with the application and it worked. But how do I get the two files together?
Yaoi Fan//Anime Fan//Manga Fan//Cosplayer//Artist//Jpop Fan//Gamer//
OnomichiSaruokami

Postby ErikB » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:02 pm

It should work even if you don't drag the file over.
In the options tab of the stand-alone export window there is an option to "Compile content". Check it to get a single file.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Button does not fade in.

Postby skim » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:58 am

Novelty 0.8.9: When fading in a button, the button does not fade in but simply appears after the time delay.

Novelty 0.8.9: When an actor with many states is [checked] mirrored and appears on the screen with a transition, the character is transitioned first, and then mirrored.
skim

Re: Button does not fade in.

Postby Avaible » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:08 pm

Avaible

Postby ErikB » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:42 pm

Buttons doesn't have support for custom colors, but this is an implementation detail that can be fixed.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby darkcore09 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:29 am

I'm having problems whit the shortcuts. Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V and Ctrl+Z are the ones I use the most, but they don't always work.
Also, sometimes I can't un-do even from the Edit menu, when I delete an action for expamle.
darkcore09

Postby Avaible » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Novelty ceases working whenever I try to load a certain project.

I tried to find a way to save variables even after saving/loading/finishing the game to get a CG gallery to work.
I worked with some brief scripts which I continuously factored out ( /* */ ) and in, while I mainly used 'Set switch' and 'Run script' in the actions list.
At some point I wanted to try it with almost only Run script and commented all the scripts of the script editor out except for the declaration of an object-handle.

I wanted to compile it, then Novelty crushed. I did that several times and now Novelty stops working whenever I try to load the Project.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Is there a chance I could get that project file? If I can reproduce the crash it's much easier to find the problem and fix it.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:16 pm

I sent it per e-mail.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:06 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:00 am

Thanks.
Avaible

Postby oni123m » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 pm

1,i can't cut object from a action window to another window, it's only copy, not cut.
2, when i build a standalone, it's not show any image or text box, because there are too many things in my action window?
(when i delete most of them, it worked again)
Can you make novelty do more thing in action window?
3, Sorry, my english is bad
4, thank you very much
oni123m

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development