[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Bug reporting thread

Postby ErikB » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:40 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Et3rn4l » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi!

I found a bug.

If you want to play movies you need a video object.
Then: Play video button, and search the video... OK.

But! You forgot to write here the channel choose option!!!

PLZ fix this! (But you can write the channel = "x" in the Vido object)
Et3rn4l

Postby ErikB » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:05 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Et3rn4l » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:50 am

I understand, but why you remove?
Thats make a crash or limit something?
Fortunatelly I make the game a way like this, but i miss it, truly. Can you put that back, or don't want to deal with it?
Et3rn4l

Postby ErikB » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:37 pm

I'm reserving multiple videos for Novelty Pro. This is the only cut I'm making to the free version.
The reason is that most users will never need to play more than one video simultaneously and at some point it becomes an unnecessary complexity and potential performance issue.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Et3rn4l » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:00 pm

So the program have a PRO version?
How expensive that? Oh, and something else!
Can I make the messages timed, or only use the mouse clicking?
Et3rn4l

Postby skim » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:26 am

Program consistently crashes when trying to edit [Action] Show menu --> Option: Condition.
As soon as I click Ok in the Conditions property window, the program crashes.
Last edited by skim on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
skim

Postby ErikB » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:13 am

I'll take a look.

Edit:
I found and fixed the crash bug with Show menu actions. A work-around is to set the Menu style to nothing and then edit the condition.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Eva13796 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:35 am

The biggest problem I have is when the program crashes every time I switch from the task of, say, completing a thread to single-click on the Interactive menu action button. It's not the problem of the program crashing when I don't display the "Sample menus" before editing the text box for each option, but rather the program seems to freeze especially when I do it in this order: Create interactive menu -> Add thread -> Edit thread -> Click on interactive menu once to modify properties -> Windows finds an error and the program crashes.

I thought my actions inputted into the computer were done too quickly, so I tried to slow down the time it would take for me to click on an action to modify it. But it seems no matter how long I wait before I click on the interactive menu button to modify the properties, the program crashes.

Not sure if this specific problem has been resolved yet.
Eva13796

Postby fleet » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:54 am

Erik,
Okay. I used AVI files instead of animated GIFs for the 'cut scenes' in my most recent visual novel/game. They played fine on my PC when I built the game, but for some unknown reason when I exported the game the screens that were supposed to have the cut scenes were completely white.
Fortunately I did a test using animated GIFs, and in the exported version the cut scenes worked.

This was a huge disappointment as I uploaded the finished game, only to have someone report that there were no cut scenes when they played the game.

:oops:

very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby ErikB » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:25 pm

Read this to resolve your video exporting issues:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=503&p=3007
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby fleet » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:38 pm

Thanks.
fleet

Postby amberchrome » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:47 am

I try to open the latest version, and get this, according to the log:

Create device: Invalid call
Asking DirectX to detect optimal settings: 0x80040905
[Error] Failed to create Direct3D device

I have updated my DirectX to the highest I think my Windows XP will support.

What to do?
amberchrome

Postby fleet » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:07 am

fleet

Postby ErikB » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:23 am

Does your hardware fully support Direct 9?
The error code 0x80040905 means "An error occurred when attempting to create an Direct3D device", suggesting you're trying to run Novelty on .
ErikB
Novelty developer

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development