[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Bug reporting thread

Postby ErikB » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:19 am

As far as I'm aware, Windows will always permit an application to write to its own folder and sub-folders.
I've gotten quite a few reports of people being unable to save and I've checked the code before. It could be a permission issue. If that's the case then it should work if you run Novelty with administrator rights (Right-click -> Run as Administrator).

This is something I will continue to look into. Being able to save is obviously an important feature.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby hakumen001 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:28 am

I get error code 193 when I try to export my game. Any clues how to resolve this?

New to program... Yo!
hakumen001

Postby ErikB » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:20 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby hakumen001 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:09 am

got it from the site... Ok I'll try.
hakumen001

Postby hakumen001 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:50 am

Stupid question...If I got it from the site and after you dl you just have to extract and not install, and you receive that message, then what? What would cause that error?
hakumen001

Postby ErikB » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:56 pm

It's an error thrown by Windows itself, not Novelty. When you build a stand-alone, Novelty will attempt to make a copy of Player.exe and my first guess was that the could had been corrupted somehow. Downloading from visualnovelty.com ensures that you're running the official files, at least.

Are you able to run Player.exe on its own?
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby hakumen001 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:02 pm

uNABLE to open player.nvz... no. I can run the program but not the player alone.

I get a log file after it errors out

:Novelty version: 0.8.8
Loading content from file: Player.nvz
[Error] Unable to open Player.nvz

The program from what I did seemed fine, but I didnt want to put too much time in it if I can't export it so people can play. IM on XP if that helps in anyway.

Is there a chance the beta just doesnt work of the player? There is nothing to install since the DL of the software is in a rar file, so I only need to extract and everything is in a folder. Was there some other version of the software you must install and that has a working player?
hakumen001

Postby ErikB » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:33 pm

No. There's nothing wrong with the Player then.
The Player will not run without content so the error you got was expected. The point was that you didn't get the Code 193 error.

I test Novelty on both Windows 7 and XP so that's not the issue.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby hakumen001 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:36 pm

sorry I tried it without the movie to see if it was just the player didnt work. I still get error 193. Unknown error c1. It exports fine then says there is an error right after it said it exported fine

Edit: I found out I cant run the exported file right after it exports when it ask me if I want to. I have to say no, then just go to the file exported and try from there. If I do so, it works fine. Not sure why it cant do it from the software after you export, but it works from the file itself. I can continue working on my VN now, but not sure if you want to check into why it doesn't work the other way.
hakumen001

Postby ErikB » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Okay, that's good. I'll check the code later today. There could be a bug there.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby hakumen001 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:11 am

thanks for all the quick replies.
hakumen001

Postby Akirawind0 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:47 am

Okay I am not sure is this a problem or something else When I abb choice box and I put one letter in the box it will close Novelty
automatically Windows says there is somting wrong but I can finde anythinkg I have the new update and all
but what I have to do or do I have wait for the new update?
I made a promise long time a ago
"Keep living your dream oneday it will come true"
Do not ever give up on your dream it will happen on one day
Akirawind0

Postby ErikB » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:22 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Akirawind0 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:56 am

Okay did not see that or to be honest I was laze to look for it sorry
I made a promise long time a ago
"Keep living your dream oneday it will come true"
Do not ever give up on your dream it will happen on one day
Akirawind0

Postby retrothe80sninja » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:56 am

Haven't had time to see if this was already posted but the Fade option as a part of the Change Background action seems to not work. I've tried with several different time's and the backgrounds seem to just pop in instantly.
retrothe80sninja

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development