[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Script for gender

Script for gender

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Script for gender

Postby Skeywolf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:19 am

I have been asking a lot of questions lately, and i'm sorry for all of you who are busting your butts to answer them. Thank you each and every one of you. While i work i get more and more questions of things i can and cannot do. And more ideas just keep running through my head. So this time i ask...

I want to make it so that the player can choose a gender. Then depending on their choice of gender i want them to have a specific charicter that is to be who they are playing. Though i don't want to have to make each page twice to do so. So i'm wondering if there is a way to script this so that way if a person chooses Male it will show the male charicter, Female it'll show a female charicter, or neutral it will show a charicter deemed ungendered. (i'll have to find one of those lol) and keep it up throughout the whole game??

Is there a way to do it? ... if not is there a way to have charicters up on the page and have them choose one and then have the rest of the story with that charicter without makeing each page twice??

I swear, I keep thinking to myself "i'll make a simple one first, and then get into the harder stuff" but i just get so many questions and ideas... i'm sorry if i'm a bother.
Skeywolf

Re: Script for gender

Postby fleet » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:58 am

Avaible is the expert here on scripting. Having said that, you can probably do what you desire with threads and the Branch action. I've attached a simple VN project where you get to choose whether you're meeting a boy or a girl. The dialog stays the same.

threads.nov
(467.31 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Skeywolf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:31 am

Whoa... thank you so much. Not only did you show me how to do that without script, i finnaly understand threads!!
Skeywolf

Postby fleet » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:08 pm

You are welcome. I forgot to give credit to Michiyo6918; the project file I posted is based on a tutorial he wrote.
fleet

Postby Skeywolf » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Skeywolf

Postby fleet » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:38 am

Here's the link.
fleet

Postby Skeywolf » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 am