[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Screen trouble

Screen trouble

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Screen trouble

Postby DokiDokiNeko » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:39 pm

I made a screen for my VN that shows several food items. When the 'Order' button next to the food picture is clicked, a thread should play. I created a thread for each food item and tried to connect each button to the appropriate thread.. When I click the 'Order' button, it affects the money/ health variables (which it's supposed to do during the thread) but the thread itself never plays. I've tried everything I can think of... is there any way to make this screen work?
DokiDokiNeko

Re: Screen trouble

Postby fleet » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Posting a screen shot of your action window might help.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby DokiDokiNeko » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 pm

I have a screen shot, but I'm not sure how to post it.
DokiDokiNeko

Postby fleet » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:20 am

To post a screenshot (I assume you've saved it as a jpg file) you can attach it to a reply. Look for the words "upload attachment" beneathe the block where you type in text when replying (you'll see it under the "save Draft", "Preview", and "Submit" buttons.
fleet

Postby DokiDokiNeko » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Oh, thanks. (:
Here's the screen I've been having trouble with. Everything looks right to me.. but I must be missing something.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
DokiDokiNeko

Postby fleet » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 am

Post a screenshot of the bubble tea thread, the problem might be there.
fleet

Postby skim » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Maybe it is playing, but there is no break to allow the visuals to hang on the screen.

Try adding a "Wait for click" or:
"wait indefinitely" and then add a button to dismiss the graphic.

However, I have no idea how to use threads. It looks like there's an option in Novelty to "play a thread" but I can't find any way to define a thread in the script. I have been using "Label" and "go to Label" in my novels instead.
skim

Postby DokiDokiNeko » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:41 am

I tried the 'wait for click' idea and it played part of the thread (the actor entered/exited and the variables did what they were supposed to) but the textbox didn't show up. This is what the action window looks like for the thread.
Attachments
Capture 2.JPG
DokiDokiNeko

Postby DokiDokiNeko » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 am

Alright, I tried using labels and got it to work. It doesn't flow as well as I'd like, but at least it's something. Does anyone know what these are or how to use them? I'm wondering if they might be useful in this situation.
Attachments
Capture 3.JPG
DokiDokiNeko

Postby skim » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:27 pm

skim

Return to Support & Development