[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - How do I put a video in a chapter?

How do I put a video in a chapter?

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Postby Minikomicweb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:30 pm

I tried with the "Play video action" in the beginning of the first chapter with the "Stop video" after, I tested the VN but the video didn't appear; I deleted the "STop video" action, and I tested it, but it's all the same: the video doesn't appear and shows the lines of the chapter instead.

The information of the video here:
52.8 MB
WMV format

Please, help me.
Minikomicweb

Re: How do I put a video in a chapter?

Postby fleet » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am

First step should be to insert a video object. To do this , right click anywhere on your screen, a pop up menu will appear, select Create new object...Video object.
untitled.JPG

I'd also recommend placing the videos you want to use in the Assets folder in the directory where you installed Novelty. It's been my experience that if you don't do this, the videos may not play when you export your visual novel to a standalone game.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Minikomicweb » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Awesome, this works, thanks. =)
Minikomicweb

Postby fleet » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:08 am

I'm glad you were able to get the video into your VN.
fleet

Postby kratoscar2008 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:49 am

kratoscar2008

Postby fleet » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:01 am

fleet

Return to Support & Development