[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Loops

Loops

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Loops

Postby InterFiction » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:20 am

Is there an easy way to have loops in your action window. Like a certain section of the actions that loop until a condition is met?
InterFiction

Re: Loops

Postby ErikB » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:25 pm

You could place a label at the start of the page and have a Condition action to loop back to it
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby InterFiction » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:49 am

heeelp, I'm stuck in an infinite loop, and I can't get out! welcome the Void int main here, hahaha jk.

I set something up.

I have a scene with actions like this

set switch ExitAnimalScene Off
[label- WorldLoop1]
branch if $ExitAnimalScene is false
true - go to label WorldLoop1
false - go to label WorldLoopExit
[Label - WorldLoopExit]

Then I have a button that brings up a screne..

on that screen I have

Set ExitAnimalScene on

it seems to be caught in an infinite loop.
InterFiction

Postby Avaible » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Your actions translate to:

1) $exit = false.
2) Label 1.
3) Jump to Label 1 if $exit is false.

See why you're in an infinite loop?
Avaible

Postby Skeywolf » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:26 am

is there a way to have a loop go back to a certain menu/options without putting it on a ceperate page? I have looked up loop and such on the search bar, but really didn't find anything. If i over looked something feel free to link me back to it. Thank you very much :D
Skeywolf

Postby fleet » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:33 am

Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Skeywolf » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:49 am

Well at first i was going to play 123 scene
1. meet main charicter---> next page
2. meet main charicter's sister (see only sister and her diologe)----> next page
3. meet main charicter's brother ---> (see only brother and his comment)continue on from there
however when i tried to do that the sister worked, the brother however was surounded by his sisters and didn't change expressions when i had him change it.

So then i tried to make a choice menu where you chose which charicter you wanted to meet first. It would take you to a seperate page to meet the charicter, then i was going to have it loop around back to the choice menu to choose the next charicter. I was going to have it loop back around from the other charicters page back again to the choice menu where it also has a "done" choice to which it can go off to another page that isn't related to the meeting of the brother and sister. However I have the meeting of the main charicter and the choice menu on the same page,and was wondering if i had to make the choice menu a seperate page in order to have it loop, or if i could loop it from there . As well as if i did need it to loop from a different page, how would i go about doing that? If i can loop it from the same page, how would i go about doing that?
Skeywolf

Postby fleet » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:50 am

I've created a simple visual novel project to show you one way to do it. It does not involve looping, but it accomplishes the same thing in a simple manner, using two variables (one called brother and one called sister) and the Branch action.
It has you introducing the main character, then letting the player select who to meet first, the brother or sister. The program then will default to the next sibling's introduction, and conclude with a page that says "you've met all of us."

Unzip the compressed file into your Novelty's projects folder and look at the action windows to see the actions.
I hope this helps.

There are probably several ways to do this.
Attachments
skeywolf.zip
(1.42 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
fleet

Postby Skeywolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:19 am

It orignially was haveing the same problems as the other things. Though i figured out what the problem was as well as the structure of the branching actually answerd a different question of mine, plus i like the look of this sturcture better. Thank you very much.
Skeywolf

Postby fleet » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:32 am

I'm glad you figured it out. :D
fleet

Return to Support & Development