Actors, threads, and layer visibility

Ask questions on content creation or share your own custom content.

Actors, threads, and layer visibility

Postby Milkymalk » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:03 pm

So I was playing around and making my first steps...
...when I wanted to insert a hotspot that when clicked made the actor comment on something. So I made a hotspot, a thread and made the hotspot "when clicked: play thread". So far, so good, works great.

But I don't seem to be able to access on-screen actors in that thread that didn't enter the screen there. So I can't make the actor change its state in the dialogue properties. Did I miss something, or do I have to re-enter the actor for that?

Also, is there a way I can toggle the visibility of a whole layer at once? Like the whole front end interface, so I don't have to have a separate "change visibility" for the name box, the text box, the waiting indicator etc. each time I want to hide or show them?
Milkymalk

Re: Actors, threads, and layer visibility

Postby 8oni » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:50 pm

1. Yes, you have to re-enter actor if you want to have a different state of actor on that thread.
2. I guess since this post is from 2009 the Change layer visibility have not implemented yet? Because on new version of Novelty the Change layer visibility on Action catalog is the answer for the 2nd question.
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Return to Content Creation