Cut out?

Ask questions on content creation or share your own custom content.

Cut out?

Postby Kalyfe » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:32 pm

Hello! I'm pretty new to all this, so sorry if this is obvious. I finished designing one of my characters on the SAI Paint Tool, but for some reason I can't get rid of the canvas surrounding it (not completely, I mean). :( I have tried a few different applications, but it will never just let me completely cut the sarrounding canvas off . . .
Can anyone please help?
Kalyfe

Re: Cut out?

Postby fleet » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:03 pm

The information at this link might be useful.

http://www.visualnovelty.com/docs/cc_transparency.html
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Kalyfe » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Thank you! Though I'm afraid I'm still a little confused... Is there anyone that uses the SAI Paint Tool that could tell me how they do it? :oops:
Kalyfe

Postby Avaible » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:20 pm

When saving your image as png in Sai, the program should ask you how to handle the colour channels: You should have two options, either RGB24 or ARGB32 - select the latter.
If you don't have those options, try updating your version of Sai. Though, until recently I've used an older version and it still worked even without aforementioned selection.
Avaible

Postby Kalyfe » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks, hopefully this works!
Kalyfe

Postby Kalyfe » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:25 pm

Hmmm, so I saved it as the png, and selected the option you said, but how do I make the canvas transparent from there? (Sorry! ><)
Kalyfe

Postby Avaible » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:09 pm

^^ Ah, didn't think that would be a problem. Mh, I don't know how you're drawing, but maybe this will help some: When you open a new file in Sai the background is automatically transparent (or should be) even though all you see is a 'white' background. In any case, in Sai you can just delete all colour, leaving only the transparancy, pixel using either the eraser or the 'clear layer' option. Select all white that's part of the background and erase it. That should do the job.
Avaible

Cut out

Postby MiusMarta » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:41 pm

Yes it worked.

But I can tell you that there is a bug there. You cant invoke the preferences box by use of bulleting. You must use the toolbar. I just couldnt find it first because I always use bulleting for theese things.

Also, it is a problem that you can not see the cut-out in Layout even if the option to view cut-out is selected. I could not see the cut-out in fabrication manager either, the only place I could see it was in Gerber viewer
acai berry diet pills yahoo answers http://postark.users.sourceforge.net#ac ... -pills-buy low calorie acai bowl recipe
MiusMarta

Return to Content Creation