Kana Little Sister Eternity (Remake)

Ask questions on content creation or share your own custom content.

Kana Little Sister Eternity (Remake)

Postby leion8000 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:47 am

hello I am a fan of the popular VN named kana little sister. and i recently played a fan made VN called Kana Eternity, and i must say it was good but it dident have any choices untill the end and it was split into several chapters using a different game every time (thus the lack of choice and the lack of depth).
also the original writer (Darkling) constantly mixed Japanese words with English (Janglish), words like : yes, no, brother , sister, mom, dad, and a few others i understood them but it was bugging the hell out of me because i had to stop every few pages just to remember what sister was in japanese which broke the illusion and depth of the story losing the meaning. dont get me wrong it was a good story it just could be alot better.

now that thats over i will tell my plan: i'm going to do almost what the original programmer did with the backgrounds and music by ripping from the original game , but in a higher quality and with the actual character sprites. i will do minor re-writing to give the player more options while adding content it will be ONE GAME so people dont have to download 9 different files. I will be using the Novelty engine for this project (not Flash).

This is a non-profit project, i wont be getting paid for this....at all.
that being said, i will need a artist that can make a few character sprites any volunteers?
leion8000

Re: Kana Little Sister Eternity (Remake)

Postby fleet » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:37 am

Do you realize that ripping the background and music from the original game is a copyright violation? :(
I'd recommend you ask the publisher of the original game for permission to use their graphics and music in making your free fan-made game. :D
If they say okay, go for it. If they say no, just change the character names a bit and use different backgrounds and music (royalty free music is available at http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/ (just give credit for it).
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby leion8000 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:50 am

First of all ...yes I am well aware of that it is a CR violation :roll: .
but i dont think that anybody really cares as long as im not making any $$$ off of it.
and as far as im aware the original publisher is no longer around.
and there has already been 2 fan made games and they have been around for at least 2-3 years. im just re-making the fan made stuff.
if the original publisher wants me to stop i will but for now i really dont give a rip.
also it would not be the same without the original artwork. and who knows, a high quality fan-made sequel might be good for the original games sales
but i will attempt to contact the original publisher (if they are still in business) as for music... i can make my own version of the games songs with FL studio if i need to.
the original game is 13 years old im sure that the publisher has moved onto bigger and better things
oh and before i forget every one involved will get the credit they deserve

turns out the developers are still around and i just sent an email.
leion8000

Postby fleet » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:02 pm

I hope they say 'yes' to your request. :D
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby leion8000 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:20 pm

got a responce from G-collections
" :geek: Hello,

G-Collections does not object to your use of artwork and music from Kana - Little Sister for non-commercial purposes.

Have fun!"

so now I can do this without any leagal issuse so Yaaaaaaaay i'm not getting sued :D
(update:2/20/2012, 3:05am )
graphics 100% ripped
music 100% ripped
estimated game compleation 6%
170mb

so far it's looking good took me a little bit to get familer with the novelty engine manly how to use videos on a stand alon game i got it to work but the videos tend to lag when they are played in fullscreen ill remake the intro and stuff with a higher framerat..maby higher resolution.. anyway i got some good ideas for this and it coming together. I deem Novelty the most powerful VN engine out there...and its still in beta lol.
(update 2/25/20012 4:20pm)
still going strong it keeps getting better and better i had made the first diolog choice (i dodent affect much.) but as for endings i have som graet ideas for those. im also looking for a chericter artist whos williing to help i think i may have to hire one (ugh...) hopfully I can find a decent artist for a decent price does any one have a sugestion on who could help?
(3/22/2012)
I hired my sisters bf for 40$ to make the new chericter and im waiting for him to finish.
leion8000

Postby leion8000 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:39 am

not dead i just had other things to take care of...alot of other things.
leion8000

Postby blueserena » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:23 am

Seems very interesting. Good luck with your project. :D
blueserena

Return to Content Creation