[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Unwritten

Unwritten

Anything goes.

Unwritten

Postby beingdanny » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:06 pm

I love this song probably because I'm a writer and I like the idea that we can write our own path in this world. Our own story. But I also enjoy it because of the idea that today is always just the beginning. And its a reminder that all of the advise in the world can't make something your own. If you like the way something is and it speaks to you, then do it. Write it that way. Draw it that way. Make it that way. Its yours and only you really know what its supposed to look like. I can't stress that to people enough when they aren't sure that their work is good. If you like something and you made it the way you felt it should be, then its perfect, no matter what anyone else says.

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Oh, oh
I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way
Open up the dirty window

Release your inhibitions
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else

Open up the dirty window
Release your inhibitions
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else

Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else

Enjoy your own talent.
Sam nodded, keeping his face pleasantly neutral. "Thank you. That would be perfect." He even managed to act like having a guy on his arm was the most natural thing in the world. Oh, Max owed him big time after this one.
beingdanny

Re: Unwritten

Postby 8oni » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:18 pm

Thanks for the link and the lyric. I know the song from tv advertisement but I didn't know the name.

And yup it's a nice song :)
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Return to Random