What's your favorite anime or manga?

Anything goes.

Re: What's your favorite anime or manga?

Postby Ginose » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm a huge fan of stylized ultra-violence and feudal Japan, so both the anime and manga adaptations of "Shigurui" are easily amongst my favorites. Aside from that, mangas I love and have been keeping up with to this day are "Berserk" and "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure"; it amazes me how fresh and well-written they are after all these years, not to mention DEM CHARACTER DESIGNS and the fights are spectacular, even in black and white. "Afro Samurai" was also a splendidly original series with some of the best action I've ever seen. "MPD Psycho" was a fantastically unique thriller, as well, and has me asking questions to this day. I'm also a massive fan of "Guyver" in virtually all of it's forms (just found a copy of the OVA film "Guyver: Out of Control" for $2 :3) and I truly wish there were more action animus that were similar in tone and style. Anything from Studio Ghibli, Shinichiro Watanabe, Satoshi Kon or written by Junji Ito are also masterpieces... Hmm... This could go on a lot longer if I focus on it too hard. I'll shorten this: Favorite anime is "Outlaw Star" and favorite manga is "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure".
"Still closed.. Still closed. Mmmmm."
Ginose

Previous

Return to Random