[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - What's your favorite anime or manga?

What's your favorite anime or manga?

Anything goes.

Re: What's your favorite anime or manga?

Postby jvcscasio » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:10 pm

I read more mangá than watch anime, so I can say that the manga of Elfen Lied is very good and 10X better than the anime.

Still, my favorite anime are Clannad ~after story~ and Code Geass.

My favorite mangá are Kami nomi zo shiru sekai and Hayate no gotoku

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Hayate is fun, but I don't see what one might like about Kami nomi. I saw the first episode, read the first chapter and instantaneously got the feeling it's not worth the time. I mean, doesn't it get boring if all he does is seducing girls? Or is there a sudden plot change after that?
Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:55 pm

The story evolves with the time, Kaminomi is one of the best mangas I ever read, but one of the worst animes.

Both Kaminomi and Hayate get more serious after a hundred chapters. (Hayate in three hundreds, though).

In Kaminomi, now, they are starting to find the truth about the old hell and the demons who want to destroy the pacific new hell.
There apears some os Keima past too and the autor reveal the existence of godesses that are being haunted by the demons.

In Hayate we discover the origins of the superhuman power that Hayate possesses, they reveal that the Nagi's grandfather is and the childhood friend and ex-gilrfriend of Hayate apears.

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:44 am

Hm, so it does have a story, that's surprising. Positively.

Right now, I'm watching Hayate for the third (or sixth ...) time and still love it. I'm still keeping much of the manga for hard times when I have nothing to else to watch. I fear, I would read in one go otherwise. The better a manga or anime, the shorter the time you spend enjoying it feels.
Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:01 am

I read Hayate in two days and Kaminomi in three...

Negima I stopped on chapter 75...

I usualy put a lot of animes downloading at the same time, so while they are downloading I read manga...

Only a few are good, but manga don't have fillers, anime does...

Tsubasa from Clamp, Shugo Chara from the autor of Rozen Maiden, One Piece from Oda, Kami nomi, Hayate, Ika musume and Elfen Lied are some mangás that are better than the anime.

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby ErikB » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:59 am

Finished watching through Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, an adult-themed anime (without any actual nudity. It's just a lot och fart and dick jokes).
The name refers to the main characters; two angels and their "holy garb" that they use to defeat ghosts, literally.

I wouldn't say it's my favorite anime but it's cute and funny and definitely worth a watch. I tend to like funny stupid animes over prolonged serious ones that rarely have satisfying endings.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:16 pm

Ha~, to be honest, I hate Panty & Stocking, I absolutely can't stand America-style. If they had just sticked to the usual ... but well, I guess nothing less from the director Imaishi Hiroyuki, he seems to like it.

Elfen Lied is clearly better as manga, but I think I like Ika Musume more as Anime. As for One Piece, I think the only real difference is the number of fillers, in the anime much more, yeah, but all in all I like both versions of it.
And though not one of my favourites, Bleach is one of the best examples I've seen so far where the anime is leagues worse than the manga. The manga is still boring most of the time but it actually drives on the story somewhat. Though, I stopped reading after Aizen got prisoned. As for the anime, I'd say the first 50 episodes were great in itself, and had it ended then, Bleach would have been a great anime.
Avaible

Postby silver_moonrise » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:54 pm

I don't know if somebody knows this manga, but it's definetely my most favorite.
It's called "From far away". It has 14 Volumes and i read them four times already. last night i stayed up and read them again.

my second most favorite is called "Crescend Moon". It has six volumes and i, too, read it over six times. :D

but i have to say, i am not a big fan of animes, but "Karin" (Mangas name= Cheeky vampire, chibi vampire), the anime was better than the manga. And "Kamikaze kaito jeanne", which i watched when i was 9, had the better anime than manga.
So I say, the only animes i really like are those two, but mangas, i have a top 30 already written down =) :ugeek: ;)
Use you creativity to make a rainbow.. or something useful =_=
silver_moonrise

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:22 pm

I prefer the manga of chibi vampire over it's anime. Actually, the manga is one of my favourites so far.

Anyone seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? Just remembered it, also one of the best animes up 'till now in my opinion.
Avaible

Postby silver_moonrise » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:32 pm

I loved the manga too, until i read the end. The end ruined everything for me. I must admit i hate the end of the manga, that i now prefer the anime more.
silver_moonrise

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Somehow I can understand that. The end was ... well, it was a happy end in some sense, but ...
But maybe that's also one of the reasons I like it, it's something between happy and sad, which is refreshing from time to time. I'm sick of mangas and animes that don't have a decent end, so I'm really glad the mangaka at least reached a conclusion.
Avaible

Postby silver_moonrise » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Yeah, the end was clear and had no question open to be answered. But it was kind of weird end too.

maybe it s just me who is too uptight. :ugeek:

EDIT: i fogot to mention a manga, which is, too, very interesting. it has only 2 volumes . Does somebody know "My stolen Kiss was a lie". or something like that translated.
silver_moonrise

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:23 pm

Well, those were the extra-chapters, right? I thought it was funny, and it makes sense too,
Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Panty & Stocking is funny, I liked it.

The Ika musume manga is better only because it's bigger, there is more funny jokes.
But the anime was perfect, they did a good job.

Tengen toppa is good, but I really wanted a happy end for simon and Nia... If only it was a Visual Novel and there was a happy end to get...

I agree that Bleach shoud have ended around the 50th episode...

And another good animes are Gintama and Lucky Star.

Gintama is simply nonsense, and Lucky Star, everytime I watch, I understand a new reference...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Same with Lucky Star^^ First time I watched it I understood about a third of them, but everytime a bit more.

I haven't watched Gintama yet, only read the manga but it's certainly fun.

Maybe someone will make a fan-made happy end for Tengen, like they did with Clannad. Even though the end was great, it's still too sad.
Avaible

PreviousNext

Return to Random