[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Have you ever encountered a game...

Have you ever encountered a game...

Anything goes.

Have you ever encountered a game...

Postby DarckRedd » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:02 am

...so uniquely disturbing that you don't even want to think about it? That you regret ever hearing about it?

I have encountered that game.

The Dark Eye is so unnerving, so uncanny, that it actually nauseates me; armed with claymation and ghoulish, soulless characters, it creates an air of vile bleakness that oppresses you like a New England fog. There is no escape. No refuge, no free will. The player can only be a passive observer, stumbling around for the next spot to proceed the story. Don't think you can change things; trust me, you can't.

Now, any game that was made by alloying various Edgar Allen Poe stories together is going to be creepy. The Dark Eye, however, is repulsive. I'm being quite literal: it repels me. I can't stomach its nightmares any longer; the very thought is about as appealing as having an eye gouged out.

So, Novelty users. How much of this game can you stomach? I made it to the end of part 2; Berenice was too much for this one. If you can make it to the end... you have a stronger stomach than I.
DarckRedd

Re: Have you ever encountered a game...

Postby 8oni » Mon May 06, 2013 8:34 am

I just finish part I. It's quite big, 80+ MB for 1 episode. I might finish this or not, depending on my conn :lol:
It's good. Though judging from what I google I can say this is kinetic and I don't really like kinetic. The point of vn is that you have ability and right to choose your fate right? ;) But as fans of Edgar Allen Poe I can say this not make me disappointed :)
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Return to Random