[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Music and Writing

Music and Writing

Anything goes.

Music is...

...A source of inspiration
46%
...A way to get into the mood for writing
23%
...Something I just enjoy
23%
...Not something I enjoy much
No votes
...Is disruptive to my writing process
8%

Total votes : 13

Music and Writing

Postby PinkPikachu » Sat May 09, 2009 10:40 pm

Has Music ever influenced your creative writing? The current (And my first) VN I am drafting was actually partially shaped from a daydream I had while listening to 'Blue Shades' and 'Shooting Stars for Orchestra', both being concert band pieces by Frank Tichelli.

http://www.manhattanbeachmusiconline.co ... index.html

That is his homepage, has some interesting stuff about him as well as some free downloads of his more famous songs, including the previously mentioned songs (Which you should definitely listen to, it is an amazing song).

Has music ever been an inspiration to you?
PinkPikachu

Re: Music and Writing

Postby Taishi » Sat May 09, 2009 10:43 pm

inspiration.... no, but a good way to keep writing with the mood needed =)

Im the Astral Claw warrior
Taishi

Postby PinkPikachu » Sat May 09, 2009 10:49 pm

I guess it is because I am a classically trained musician. D; So of course I shall be influenced by music, right?
PinkPikachu

Postby Haloheroine » Sun May 10, 2009 12:16 am

I do see where you're coming from~ Although I've only been in a school band myself...
I find the music I'm listening to is very influential to what I write and draw.
Thanks for the link, the music's lovely~
Haloheroine

Postby PinkPikachu » Sun May 10, 2009 2:12 am

PinkPikachu

Postby Bane Rieko » Sun May 10, 2009 1:47 pm

I can't write without some kind of music playing anymore... It's usually anime background music. Listening to that stuff will eventually spark some kind of inspiration along the way!
Bane Rieko

Postby ErikB » Sun May 10, 2009 4:22 pm

I'm not a creative writer but I have other creative outlets, like and to some extent programming.
I can't say I draw any inspiration from music, because I don't. I rarely even listen to lyrics. I listen mostly at the melody and a good melody can go far in terms of my appreciation for a song.
For that reason I can't listen to genres like hip hop. It's too dull and repetitive. Other than that I will listen to just about anything as long as it sounds good.

For instance, I love Linkin Park. Not for their shitty emo lyrics but the music is amazingly crafted and the melodies tickle me just the right way.

When I work I listen to music because it soothes my mind and helps me focus. Not because it inspires me.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby PinkPikachu » Sun May 10, 2009 5:49 pm

One of the reasons I like orchestral and band music is because it has such variety in melody and texture. In terms of Hip-Hop, I don't like much of it either. The only Hip-Hop artist I like is Aesop Rock, but he isn't even that popular (Probably because his music actually is more artistic and deals with more things than just drugs, sex, and money).

... And suddenly I got the Aria from Carmen stuck in my head ;-;.
PinkPikachu

Postby skim » Sun May 10, 2009 10:44 pm

I've been listening to a lot of hindi pop lately, but I only listen to it when I'm gaming or goofing off.

When I actually want to be productive I try to make my work space as quiet as I can. Sometimes I'll even go as far as unplugging the fridge and wearing earplugs.
skim

Postby Haloheroine » Thu May 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Haloheroine

Postby 8oni » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:35 am

Hmm I like music and they help me when I need motivation but I never use music when I writing. It's too distracting. Regardless I still choose the first option :)
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Return to Random