[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - How many projects...

How many projects...

Anything goes.

How many projects...

Postby AmethystRose » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:41 am

...have you finished in comparison to starting?
Doesn't have to just be visual novel medium. I'm talking about manga/comics... written novels... etc.

I've noticed a lot of people have a hard time sticking through til the end.... makes it hard to get too excited about releases, doesn't it? :c
I, myself, have the problem of taking so long to finish that it SEEMS like I give up. hehe

I'm hoping with my new found love of the idea of making them into VNs, and novelty's easiness... it shall be the key to completion! :o

Anyway, yes, this is my way of adding some activity to the forum until I have anything worthwhile to share. Plus I'm curious to see the variety of creations out there.
AmethystRose

Re: How many projects...

Postby Avaible » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:44 pm

I always finish my bigger projects, though I sometimes drop smaller ones.
Example, although only distantly related to novels: When I was eight years old I wanted to own a shop (and a hotel, and a resort, and ...) and I actually planned out all the expenses I would have. That was some 135pages catalogue with every tiny detail which I completed when I was eleven. The whole thing took me three years but I still have it lying around somewhere - and honestly speaking, it's not even that far off from reality since I did my research on the stuff back then.

In comparison I loose motivation for quicker projects faster, don't know the reason though. I know I'll finish my current project which is still in the early planning stages and will take me five years or so, but I can't claim the same for any smaller ideas that come my way in the meantime.
Avaible

Postby fleet » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Of the dozen or more VN projects I've made, I think I dropped one VN. :D
My visual novels are short (playing time 1 hour or less), so that helps keep me focused.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Wright » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:09 am

No need to be embarrassed if you dropped a project.
But, if you created a WIP thread about it and failed to complete it, then it is something you should be ashamed of.
It is better to drop a bad project than to release it and waste other people's time.
I know someone who takes pride in releasing his bad projects but little does he know that his projects don't provide any kind of entertainment for anyone.
Wright

Postby 8oni » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:35 am

... I only manage to finish small project. 2 of my completed [I call it completed even if they are less than 15 minute play :lol: ] vn is a short project I spend about 3 month? on them.

More than that then my attention will shifted to something else :/

I have drop 1 vn and now I am still at another vn but I won't make any WIP thread unless it's safe to be released :S
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Return to Random