[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Dev Team - Visual Novel Game

Dev Team - Visual Novel Game

Anything goes.

Dev Team - Visual Novel Game

Postby InterFiction » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Is anyone interested in collaborating on a project? Would love to create something new and interesting. Something that breaks grounds in Visual Novels, or gaming. Pretty much anything we think of can be created.

Brief Description:

Currently looking to build a development team that will construct a visual novel/rpg. The story will be developed from the ground up by the team, and then game production will get underway.

I see the project as being either a visual novel, or rpg with visual novel elements, such as visual novel like cut scenes. I would rather produce a visual novel with rpg elements though, such as menus with character stats, and battles.

If it ends up being an rpg project I think it would be interesting to make an action rpg.

Target Platform:

Windows operating system.

Technology:

I'd like to create the game using Multi Media Fusion 2. I've got a good bit of experience using it, and know how to set up role playing elements in it.

Talent Needed:

Writers
Background artists.
Character artists.
if we cross breed rgp, and visual novel we're going to need spriters for characters, and monsters/enemies.

My Talents:

For the team I'll take for of eventing, and promotions. Eventing a game like this is a major task, and will take hours. This will be the game mechanics, and bulk of software logic. That way artists can focus on art, while I'm piecing the game together.
I'll also work on promotions, and community building as the project is being created. I work with adobe After Effects to create advertising material, and can create cut scenes in it based on artwork.

Sites:

community forums is new, but you can check it out and sign up if you'd like.

s11.zetaboards.com/interfiction (url tags wont work for this one for some reason. Probably no http:)

You can reach me through here via pm, this topic, or e-mail.

interfiction100@gmail.com

Additional Info:

Feel free to check out the blog, and forums, or ask questions. We've released our first interactive fiction game called Trapped. You can check it out here if you'd like.

we've yet to release a graphical game yet. Our leading artist Ugaki on another visual novel has been hospitalized for the time being. I'm not sure what his conditions are, but we're looking forward to getting him back. You can check out his work here.

InterFiction

Re: Dev Team - Visual Novel Game

Postby Wright » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:54 am

Is this your first project or have you made a game before?
Wright

Postby InterFiction » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:43 pm

This will be the first complete game containing graphics. I've learned the design software I'll be using quite well. I've made prototype games in it, including everything from save game, rpg combat elements. I've released visual novel games, and have some basic skill in C++, but wont be needing that for the project.

I've got one artist on board now.

Also merging with white circle studios to work on one of their projects with them, which is visual novel.

you can check them out here.

http://www.whitecirclestudios.com

I'm comfortable enough with the application the game will be made in that I'm sure we can make a good game.

to answer your question directly though, it's not my first game, or project, but it will be the first professional release.
InterFiction

Postby Wright » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:50 am

I have made an role playing game with a combat system. You can find it here:
I work on my games alone, or with one or two artists, and so I have no interest in joining a team.
But I hope you find what you are looking for.
Wright

Postby InterFiction » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:36 pm

That's all the team would consist of, lol.

I had one artist contact me, but I haven't heard from him in a while. I'm also working on another project with White Circle Studios. We're creating an extensive generator suite. It's going to be for role players, as well as game makers. It's going to include a die roller, room description generator which generates for multiple types based on class of living, as well as rooms within the types.

types include

house
town
inn
smithy
shop
castle

and so on. Something a dm could generate would be upper class house living room description.

It's also going to include a sprite generator, and face set generator. One that people could use the outcome in commercial en devours if they wanted to.

Also working on a project with them called Point 5.

you can see information here

http://s1.icyboards.com/wcs/showthread.php?tid=12

also some images of the work they're working on at the link below. The character will be used, but the background is just there to give the character something to have behind them

http://s1.icyboards.com/wcs/showthread.php?tid=13

It's still in very early stages of development. I'm going to be programming for that project.

If you'd be interested in working with a small team such as art by you, and I'd handle programming, let me know :)

also anyone else that's viewing this. The artist that contacted me hasn't gotten back to me after some conversation so I don't know if they decided to do other things, or if something, Lord forbid, has befallen the chap.

Thanks,
JB.
InterFiction

Postby Vixeria » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:07 am

I love writing. I can help out with a story line if you're looking for something along those lines. I love to write and create stories - I have a lot of work already out on another site called FanFiction.net, you may have heard of it. Anyway, I'm interested, but like I said, if you have that part covered, just let me know. Or even if you need help editing or proof reading, I'll be happy to help. Just send me a message. ^_~
Me: I'm going to turn those frowns into smiley faces. I don't like my honey buns to be sour.
Him: And I don't like my tootsie roll pop crushed.
Me: O.o
Vixeria

Return to Random