[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - All Hail The Credits

All Hail The Credits

Anything goes.

All Hail The Credits

Postby Momiji » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi
one thing i have wondered around many times before in visual novel making is actually the aspects of crediting people
its more a personal opinion but how would you yourself like to be credited if somone used something you made (wether its a idea, peice of music or character design)?
i suppose credits to me is something you sort out at the end of a novel (asusming ur fair and credit them who desere it), me i plan to run credits at the end of the novel to credit people who earned it, example being Novelty staff ^_^

but how would you yourself like to be credited? would you rather a user name or a real name?
On my last video i made in college when we came round to making credits i always wondered do you want your real name or your user names displayed, me myself i personaily dont mind either but i prefer a user. Im probberly known more under my uder names Momiji/Darkcobra and i commonly implement these names into art i make (my sig using my current user name being a example)
but in summary would you rather me credit you as "Alien boy 559" (hope somone doesnt use that name lol i just shot it hoping its not used) or would you rather "Jenkins laughs alot" (lol i wish that was my real name)but which would u rather?

and on second thoughts (or second question xD) another more personal thing but which grounds do you consider crediting for?
like when thinking to yourself "What needs crediting" whatdo you think of?
i like to credit EVERYONE i can think of, say i made a visual novel and i thought it was cool enough to show some friends, you would find in the credits i have gone from the ones who should be credited (art/graphics designers, story developers if u have em, testers, music composers, novel testers, Novelty team/staff ect)
i actually also enjoy criting people who help me alot, so take exmaple you might give special thanks to Avaible as he/she has helped me with several things when i asked on the forum, and Fleet again has offered help to me on the forums so i would add them in... even if they never know they will become famouns amounst some random small group of friends xD
but i always wondered r there more grounds to thank on?
(*Note- i love crediting developers such as Novelty makers as i feel they deserve it... so i will always defend em ^^)

Image -----Image
Momiji

Re: All Hail The Credits

Postby Moonya » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:29 pm

hm, interesting question. What you want to know is actually if people wanna have their privacy or not. For me, I would not mind being credited by my username, but being credited by first and last name in a world like this? No thanx. On the other hand, I can understand that professionals would wanna be credited by their real name(s) because it is good advertising for them. So I guess in the end it boiles down to personal preferences I guess.
Moonya

Postby Momiji » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:30 am

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby Avaible » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:54 am

Avaible

Postby Momiji » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:15 am

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby Avaible » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:05 pm

I liked Angel Beats, too. It wasn't quite love yet (that's reserved for the ones on Kanon's level) but it was a great watch, especially the ending truly made it for me. That and the HinataxYui part.
But even though I like bittersweet sad stories, the best for me will always be those with 'real' happy ends, where in the end you don't need to cry out of sadness and your heart fills with joy because the characters finally reached or did whatever the story was about, Kanon would be an example of that for me. Though, it's just as great when something almost brings you to tears because it's simply beautiful.

But sorry, I'm going off topic here. I should stop that, we have a pm system after all.
Avaible

Postby Wright » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:27 am

In all professional games, movies and books, people are credited by their real names.
But in visual novels, I don't understand why many people like to hide their names and use their username for the credits.
Maybe they are ashamed of their names. Or maybe they are afraid of stalkers.
Wright

Postby Crusher » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:59 am

I guess I'd prefer my real name to be shown. After all my username differs on some platforms and I think "Crusher" is kind of dull and not really specific ;). Still a fragment from my childhood...
I was thinking about a more "professional" fake name, but after all I don't really know if a real name would be that bad.
Crusher

Postby Momiji » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby Crusher » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Well, mine is still from the time when we watched monster truck stuff and named ourselves after one of them. So I ended up being Crusher (from the Carolina Crusher) and somehow I was called like that sometimes even after we didn't watch it anymore :D. However, I think it's really not specific enough. Instead of your suggestion with the "username = real name" I'd prefer the style I've seen in Team Fortress 2 for example: first name "Nickname" last name. Looks kinda good and you have all the information in one line.
Crusher

Postby Momiji » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby 8oni » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Personally I prefer credited by my user name. But my user name is close to my real name so it works either way for me :lol:
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Return to Random