[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - look what I got!

look what I got!

Talk about commercial visual novels or anything game related here.

look what I got!

Postby Xoleum » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:11 am

hey, havent been here for some time cuz i'm busy with my studies...

Anyway, I found a pc game that's quite revolutionary, best pc game innovation I've seen since 3D gaming. the feature exists for quite a while, but this is the first game implementation I've seen. the feature is called Augmented reality, basically the opposite of virtual reality....it's much easier to show then to explain so you go :)
Xoleum

Re: look what I got!

Postby ErikB » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:41 am

I want one!

Once this technology is mature enough we'll start seeing it coupled with goggles that lets us see them with our own eyes.. and then once that happens it's only a matter of time before we get the cyber lady from Minority report.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby lolinekocchi » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:26 pm

It's so cute! I also want one!

If only there's a figurine of my favourite anime characters that was like that......
Proud to be a Hetalia fan~
lolinekocchi

Postby 12riven » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:44 am

i dont get it....<_<

so is that like in real life???!!! cuz how is the guy on the screen.....<_<
12riven

Postby ErikB » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:06 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby 12riven » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:31 pm

so is the 3d model (like the suiseiseki one) actually going to show on your real desk??!!! or just the webcam?
12riven

Postby ErikB » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:33 pm

It's just the web cam. You don't actually see it other than on video.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby 12riven » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:03 pm

ah...i get it now :P

i was a bit slow today as u can see XD
12riven

Postby zero00 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:48 pm

bad things...i see very bad things happening with that XD
zero00

Postby Xoleum » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 am

there is actually an anime that focuses on this concept, it would be awesome if we'll see something like it in real life.

the anime is called dennou coil, in it, people wear special glasses with which they can see virtual objects, it also makes a virtual clone of your body overlapping yourself, so you can interect with virtual object as if they are really there.
Xoleum

Postby ErikB » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:21 pm

I love Dennou Coil. It's really good and imaginative.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Quadrolithium » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:22 am

Well we're already close, really really close...
We already had holograms then 3d movies and games(those that require those nifty glasses heck even shades that play movies was invented earlier), then this one came, it will only be a matter of time before we'll have goggles that will allow us to see those as if they were real (of course being the one with the goggles on means you're the only one who can see them, but imagine if everyone wears them then with their own created avatars as well combined with gloves that has those markings that can be read by the goggles there can be interaction as well but if you want it to look like a different world then you need lots of those markings on your walls, ceilings and floors)
The Game:
She wants you to lose it
Quadrolithium

Return to Video Game Alley