[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Critique my art?

Critique my art?

Where artists get to show off their art.

Critique my art?

Postby ChimeraTheChimera » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:45 am

Oh my, I feel really nervous right now >///< I suppose it's just the fact that i'm new--even though I've been stalking these bords for awhile. Anyway, I'll just get to the point.

I've started working on a new VN. And, rather than just work on my multiple novels, I thought it'd be fun to turn them all into visual novels. The basis of them all is to tell one main story from multiple perspectives, so that you don't even have a linear definition of "protagonists" or "antagonists". What you think one of the characters has done 'just because' in one VN or Novel, may have very well been because of something you did and thougth nothing about. Maybe that theif you stopped was their friend, and they ended up dieing because they couldn't afford food? I digress--if you wanted to read more about them, you can see the thread I have for them up sometime...?

Sorry, art. And, uh...hurray for the unintentionaly large amout of big boobs?

Image I know this one's a bit...skinny. But I drew all of these in pixlr 'cause I didn't know how to do transparency on SAI at the time. This was actually half-done with a touch-pad, and it looks...less than equal to the rest of them.

Image Really bad wings DX

Image This is a new one I did recently on SAI. I think it works well. Ladies and gentlemen; MEET OUR PROTAGONIST. (get that and you win)

I know; the art is flat, and it generally looks bad for character art. But these were a part of the "NV That Shall Not Be Named", and will probably be re-done soon enough. Oh! And if anybody feels up to critiquing the rest of my art as well, heres' a link to it; http://s777.photobucket.com/albums/yy54 ... 0Examples/
Fanfiction!

I do art commissions, voice acting, and graphics. Just PM me!
Isn't it great? You know, being too lazy to find an avatar, I mean.
ChimeraTheChimera

Location: That closet you got shoved into last summer. You know, in West Virginia?

Re: Critique my art?

Postby Wright » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:21 am

I'm no expert but your artwork is nice. Though, it is not fit for a commercial VN, it is suitable for a non-commercial one.
But I don't like the poses. They are really weird. If you can remake them, they will be better.
Wright

Postby vanderfoo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Alright going to say this and going to be a bit blunt, last one, breasts are two uneven and weird looking. Her face can look better to, it looks kind of squished.

You have potential, just need to work on faces and proportions.
I'd do anything,
Sing songs that lovers sing,
If I could change your mind,
Am I not the loving kind?
-Girls Aloud Ftw!
vanderfoo

Postby Berwald » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:10 pm

I like the drawings in general. No problem in coloring, but you could shade them more to really bring the colors to life. The first one has a really long neck that it looks a tad bit uncomfortable. The last one has good coloring and shading, but the forehead is either too large or the placement of the eyes is too low. Probably the eyes. The ears are actually ABOVE the eyes in your drawing, it should be that the top part of the ear should be at the middle of the eye in that perspective.

Good luck! :D
Berwald

Postby Ants64 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:46 pm

I'm not very good with Art however i will say one improvement to A very good bit of work!
the last ones eyes and a bit to low (un sure if that was intended?)
but otherwise there great
Forgive my dyslexia
Give in to the madness
Ants64

Postby Michiyo6918 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:31 am

I'm not an expert at art either but I can tell that you should study more about proportions to improve.

Your color skill's good for a beginner but how about adding a little bit shading in it, making the art look more realistic?

The lineart are a little bit hard, try to make it look softer.

The angel pic is cute but the wings do look weird, don't worry, I also suck at drawing wing :)

And the last one... you have improve your color skill, that's a great development. But to tell the truth... I thought that was a man at first :roll: but then I take a closer look, ops "Sorry mam, I didn't mean to... :shock: " You properly wanted to correct her shoulder a little bit, woman's shoulder is usually not that long.
Michiyo6918

Postby ertdax212 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:05 pm

I like how you colored them but if you play with much more colors, you might find how natural shadow can be make. You using SAI right? Then, don't be shy using multiply brush. It will give strange yet powerful feelings.

About the lineart.... Honestly, you need to study more from many kind of artist. For starter you can 'copy' other style. You already have raw your own style. All you need now is to make it better. Believe in yourself when you draw. Don't hesitate...

Well, hope this useful. Good luck! :D

p.s. Sorry for my weird english... :D
---------------------
Believe in yourself.
You can do anything if you have intention to do it.
+ a little hard work and anything will be fine.
---------------------
ertdax212

Return to Art Gallery