[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Arnie and the Hitchhiker - MAC, Linux, and Windows

Arnie and the Hitchhiker - MAC, Linux, and Windows

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Arnie and the Hitchhiker - MAC, Linux, and Windows

Postby fleet » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:16 am

Clarification: This game is copyrighted. By downloading you agree that you will not upload the game to other sites.
Download link to adult version->

There is another download link at the bottom of this post.

Here's a screenshot.
dark8a.jpg

This is an adults only (sexually explicit) visual novel. Take on the role of Arnie, who gets dumped by his girlfriend, and makes a wrong turn on his way home. This could be a night he'll never forget. The ending you get depends on the choices you make (there are 5 endings). While this visual novel contains explicit sex scenes, it is not a 'fuck fest' my purpose is to tell a story.
A tip of the hat to DaRoot for suggestions and beta testing. Kudos to kexter for the HTML conversion, and to NapoleonSolo for testing on a Linux system.
This is a complete rewrite of "A Dark Night", one of my earlier works. I've expanded the story (added: new dialog, three new characters, two additional endings in addition to the three that the previous release had) and (I hope) much improved graphics. I've also optimized the files, so it will download faster.

EDIT: Current release has eight endings. Updated to version 10, which adds Marcella's back-story.

Technical stuff:
Playing time to reach the 'best' ending (if you make all correct choices) is about 20 minutes.
System requirements: A web browser that is capable of playing HTML 5. This has been tested using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera, on a PC running Windows 7. It should run on a MAC system using Safari, Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome, and on a Linux system using Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome browsers.

Known issues:
1. There are screen size and save/load misalignment issues with Internet Explorer 11. While the game is playable, I recommend you use another browser.
2. On a Linux system using Chrome, you might get a blank black screen. This can be fixed by telling Chrome to allow the game to set local data.
3. Depending on your browser and browser settings, save game information may disappear when you close your browser.

Note: Rapidly clicking to skip dialog may cause the VN to crash, or skip visuals.
To run the game, run the index.html file.

The file is at wolflore, free registration is required.
Last edited by fleet on Fri May 20, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Re: Arnie and the Hitchhiker

Postby fleet » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:18 pm

Here's another link. Free registration is required to access the file.
I've also updated the link in the first post.

If for some reason you cannot register at wolflore, send me a PM and I'll send you an alternate method to get the file.
Last edited by fleet on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fleet

Postby fleet » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:36 am

Contents deleted
Last edited by fleet on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
fleet

Postby fleet » Tue May 12, 2015 6:50 pm

There were two video showing gameplay of the PG-13 version (I didn't make either one). Endings in the adult version are different from endings shown in the videos.

Second video was deleted by the person who made it. :cry:
Last edited by fleet on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
fleet

Postby fleet » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:53 am

Contents deleted.
fleet

Re: Arnie and the Hitchhiker - MAC, Linux, and Windows

Postby fleet » Wed May 18, 2016 8:34 pm

Updated to version 10, which includes Marcella's backstory. Download links are in first post.
fleet

Return to Expo