[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - G-senjou no Maou

G-senjou no Maou

Talk about commercial visual novels or anything game related here.

G-senjou no Maou

Postby Beato » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Anyone here who have read this one? The story is absolutely amazing! I never thought that a VN could move me as much as Umineko but I guess I were wrong!

Oh well the other routes where pretty mediocre but Haru's route makes up for that!

The music is amazing as well almost all of it are made of classic music (Which is remixed in a genius way).

I was so moved that I changed my avatar and signature!

Here is the cover:

The story: You play the role of Azai Kyousuke, the son of a legendary gangster infamous in the underworld. You spend your time listening to Bach, playing God at school and covertly working for your stepfather, a ruthless financial heavyweight. This idyllic existence is broken when two individuals appear in the city - a beautiful girl named Usami Haru with hair you could get lost in for days, and a powerful international gangster known only as "Maou". Almost without delay, the two begin a deadly cat-and-mouse game, bringing you and your friends into the crossfire. Plotting, political intrigue and layer upon layer of interlocking traps are the weapons in this epic battle of wits.
雪の羽 時の風
- Yuki no Hane, Toki no Kaze
Beato

Re: G-senjou no Maou

Postby Avaible » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Honestly, I really looked forward to it being translated when I found it some months ago. But when it was finally finished I developed a sympathy-hate relationship with the main char 'cause he is pretty clever but ... well, at times he can be an idiotic asshole because he's limited to his money-philosophy.

I read most of Tsubakis part but finally gave up after he had the x change of opinion about his surroundings. I'm sure, the game and story as well as the character development is deep and thought out well but at the moment I just can't find the endurance to keep up with the guy. Although I'm still planning on playing it so as to not to miss a potential very good novel.
Avaible

Postby Beato » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:44 pm

He will get better. Tsubakis route SUCKS if you compare it to the Haru route which is the true end. If you only are at Tsubakis route then you haven't even started yet. I played trough all routes for completions sake and also because the title screen changes when you have done all and it fits much more if you end with Harus route (and it also is impossible to read any other routes when you have done Haru It is THAT awsome). but if you can't get trough the other routes I would suggest you to do Harus route immediatly. I'll borrow some words from a review I read of it; "Haru’s route is basically the Cake, the Icing and the Strawberry and the little extra Pocky strewn on top of it."

The Haru route IS G-senjou, The other routes can be a part of some other Visual Novel if they want.
Last edited by Beato on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
雪の羽 時の風
Beato

Postby Avaible » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Pretty fixated on one girl - that's my style usually. There aren't many novels where I play the routes of more than one or two girls. Haru, in this case, has the feel of a good friend, not a romantic interest. But well, if you say her route is that much better than all the others I will probably give it a try. Who knows, maybe a wonder will happen and my first impressions of her take some major change of direction - would be fun in it's own way.
Avaible

Postby Beato » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Edit. And I wouldn't even call Haru's route for a route since you go to the Haru route if you avoid the other routes (I'ts impossible to not get any route like in a lot other VN's).
I would call it G-senjou no Maou because G-senjou no Maou is really the Haru route. the rest are som cute side stories. So they are branches from the tree which is G-senjou.

You know how the branching in G-senjou works reight. If you don't go for Haru route you won't be getting ANY answers at all. The others are MUCH shorter and are more like side stories if anything at all. They aren't like Clannad where all the routes are around the same leangth even though Nagisa is the true end. Haru's route are probably around TRIPLE the size as the other ones.

The branching in G-senjou works like this:

Chapter 1

Nothing Happens here

Chapter 2 - branch of to Tsubaki route if you want the stories of the other chapters can't be seen

If you do not choose Tsubaki route you can continue

Chapter 3- branch of to Kanon route

Avoid Kanon route and continue to chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Mizuha route if you want
Otherwise chapter five

Chapter five A.K.A Haru route

True (and Very awesome end)

There is no explanations or things like that in the other routes. They only flesh out the other characters.
雪の羽 時の風
Beato

Postby Avaible » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:32 pm

That branching is the reason why I started with Tsubaki. Take it easy, one chapter a time and it will get you anywhere as a wise man once said.
Avaible

Postby Beato » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:35 am

Yeah I did it that way to0 but if you are ONLY going to do Tsubaki then you might as well don't do any routes at all.
雪の羽 時の風
Beato

Return to Video Game Alley