Shoujo Q demo version(Work in Progress)

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Shoujo Q demo version(Work in Progress)

Postby Bouysel » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:31 am

Hello people! This is just a typical visual novel that I am working on with Paru-sama, who is not yet registered on the Novelty forums. Basically, you name the character and then play through a typical school-themed visual novel. The demo is only two days long (game-wise, not real-life), but offers a good amount of choices and different branches in these two days. Download link is below, and feel free to e-mail us at a.person01@gmail.com. Thanks for downloading and playing! In-game screenshots attached to this post.

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?l715a4lmfs2oqld
Attachments
Preview1.png
Preview1.png (89.15 KiB) Viewed 7181 times
Preview2.png
Preview2.png (190.33 KiB) Viewed 7181 times
Preview3.png
Preview3.png (249.61 KiB) Viewed 7181 times
I am dissapointment in your grammer.
Bouysel

Re: Shoujo Q demo version(Work in Progress)

Postby fleet » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:58 am

In one place (day 2 of the demo, near the end, in a conversation with Emily, you capitalized the first two letters of "Okay"
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby mysoxlike2party » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:02 am

Heheh, I really like that Chiharu character. She 'hasn't even gotten the fireworks yet'? Lol, does she want to kill me or what? She's a bit shady... I think she's evil. ^^ We'll see...

Anyways, nice work. I'm uber glad the grammer is mostly spot on, cuz terrible grammer in a visual novel is real turn off... Lol.

!~Good Job~!
Now that's PiMpTaStIc!!!
mysoxlike2party

Postby Avaible » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:27 am

Aw~ too bad that I have to go in a few minutes and won't have time to test it out anymore today, but hopefully tomorrow.
Avaible

Postby lyminh99 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Are you using anime character maker?
lyminh99

Postby Avaible » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Finished.

Just a few things, first of all, try to use "[Text]" when somene's talking, it's easier to read that way.
Then maybe you could make the text box a bit more visible, just my own opinion.

Now I'm waiting for the end product ...
Avaible

Postby Bouysel » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while on this. I'm seriously relieved that people are actually looking forward to this. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to add a new release until 2011, but more than story has been added, so please look forward to it. :D Also, in reply to lyminh99, yes I am using the anime character maker for this game. Please please PLEASE comment on it, so that I know what to improve for further demos and the eventual final release.
Bouysel

Postby silver_moonrise » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:11 pm

really cute characters. =D
Use you creativity to make a rainbow.. or something useful =_=
silver_moonrise

Postby Bouysel » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:19 am

Alright, for those of you who care, I have a website where you can check on progress for the game! http://moonlander.webs.com/
Check it out, cause I'm going to be posting all updates on that site! A few issues popped up when working, (viruses on computers are not fun) so I had to start from scratch. I've added more stuff to the game itself, so while it lacks in story, there are more things to do in the game itself (i.e. Configuration Screen, Extras). I'll keep the demo version of the original on this site for a while, so feel free to download it, if you feel like it. Thanks again to everyone following us!

--Paru-sama and Bouysel
Bouysel

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 am

Wow, waited for an update, nice going!

Haven't played through the whole demo, but some things that catched my attention are:

- the start-screen is nice and all, but the font-colour isn't in contrast to the also blue background. I would recommend you use a lighter blue for the font.
- while playing the game I clicked on the yellow, round button in the top right corner of the text-box and all objects vanished - that's good so far, but it didn't return when I clicked the mousebuttons, keyboard or whatever. In the end I had no choice but to restart the game; you may want to fix that if you haven't already.

Aside from those points, I like the new beginning with Chiharu fumigating the protagonist:D
Also, the backgrounds are great, did you draw them yourself? The music fits too, you even made a small opening - respect.
And it's great that you added "" to the dialogue, it's much easier to read than before.

Lastly a little trick (though it's obvious): Make an image a bit larger than the novel-window completely black. Then use that image as background whenever you don't have another one, or are swirling the camera around which makes the original background unfit. This way you won't have the gray background of Novelty but a black one - that's looks more professional.
Avaible

Return to Expo