[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Eyona: A Romantic Fantasy Adventure (Demo Available)

Eyona: A Romantic Fantasy Adventure (Demo Available)

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Eyona: A Romantic Fantasy Adventure (Demo Available)

Postby retaya » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:52 am

DEMO:
NOTE TO ALL THOSE WHO PLAY THE DEMO... This game is incomplete. And in particular, there is a dog who will appear in the game only to mysteriously dissapear without rhyme or reason a bit after he appears. This is because I decided half way through making this that there should be a canine companion for the female protagonist. I haven't added him into the rest of the scenes yet. Forgive that of me. ...Also all of the plots will end abruptly because they aren't complete. However I'd really like some feedback, and if you notice any spelling/grammar errors, let me know so that I may fix it. I'd also like to know what you liked, didn't like, or predict will happen in each of the story branches.

---

Eyona is a choose-your-own-adventure styled fantasy story which allows for several endings with one of many bachelors which can be encountered in the game. You play as Katharine, who can be named anything that the player decides to name her. Katharine wakes up on the beach with no memory of her past, however as she begins to peice her memories back together, she realizes that something sinister is afoot in the country of Eyona. No matter which path you choose, you will find that almost every bachelor has some sort of connection to Katharine, whether they first realize it or not. You can make truth and love prevail, or send Katharine to her doom. Her fate is in your hands.

And here are more screenshots. All character sprites and backgrounds were drawn by myself.

<3
Last edited by retaya on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
retaya

Re: Eyona: A Romantic Fantasy Adventure (Demo Coming soon)

Postby fleet » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:42 am

Great! I like your artwork
You said you did the artwork yourself. I assume you also wrote the story and dialog. I recommend you have a trusted friend who has not seen your work review the demo for spelling and typographical errors before uploading. That way it will be easier for you to make corrections.

Very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby retaya » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:41 am

Thanks for the advice Fleet. I will certainly do just that. ....By chance, are you saying that because there is a typo in the screenshots, or just because it's a good idea in general?
retaya

Postby Mink » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:13 am

Well, I don't see any typos, but it *is* a good idea in general. As I mentioned in a different thread, the problem with just you or people who know the story reading it is that you can end up overlooking something that should have been put in. And yeah, it can help with catching typos and the like.

For a personal example, Avaible pointed out that something in my VN didn't seem have a reason as to why it was done/said (or didn't make sense; I suppose that's a way of putting it). Which was right, really: it was just sort of implied, and *I* knew why someone did what they did, but then I was the writer.

Also, you seem to be having that 'white line' issue, and the last post in this thread has ways of dealing with it, if you want to try to fix it: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=681

Otherwise, it's a cute style, and Katherine's facial expressions amuse me for some reason.
Mink

Postby retaya » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:36 am

I really would get rid of the white line thing... but as this is just something I'm doing in my free time, and getting rid of the white lines would mean redoing many many many actors in a slow and annoying process, I think I'll simply leave their white halos of pixels and try to do better next time. ^^;

Whelp! I'm off to find a beta-reader~ *flies away*
retaya

Postby Avaible » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:33 am

Avaible

Postby fleet » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:53 pm

fleet

Postby Mink » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Mink

Re: Eyona: A Romantic Fantasy Adventure (Demo Available)

Postby retaya » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:02 am

<3
retaya

Postby Otaku-san » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:57 pm

Umm I have a hard time trying to play the games it always says does not run.
Otaku-san

Postby 8oni » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:18 pm

... Erm... I got server not found... And I really want to try to play this. It looks promising :)
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby fleet » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:27 pm

WUPLOAD stopped being a file sharing site some time ago. http://torrentfreak.com/fileserve-and-w ... ss-120403/
I'm guessing that they shut down completely.
fleet

Return to Expo