[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - WIP - New VN Project - Physical Education

WIP - New VN Project - Physical Education

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

WIP - New VN Project - Physical Education

Postby mysoxlike2party » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:05 pm

I thought I'd post a little introductory thing for my new project when I was at least close to a demo... but I'm impatient and just want people to know what I'm working on already :mrgreen:

It's called Physical Education.
Here's the summary:
Natalie, an above average teenager, just moved into the city of Portland from the quiet suburbs. Instead of transferring to her ideal school, she is forced to transfer to Rain Park High School, the worst school in the city, for a year. It’s got everything a bad school could have, and more. There she meets her P.E/Drivers Ed teacher, Mr Serrano, who she happens to like. Almost like a dream, they end up dating, and Natalie couldn’t be happier. Nevermind the fact that she has never had a boyfriend before, and if the school board ever found out Serrano would get fired and possibly jailed, and Natalie’s strict Catholic father might send her away to Timbuktu to an all girls Roman Catholic School... let’s just not think about that!
But this P.E teacher has a dark past behind him, not to mention a dark mind. He doesn’t approve of any male speaking to Natalie other than her own father, and that leads to complications when Natalie befriends 3 interesting male students. Natalie’s quite aware of his dark energy and is starting to have second thoughts about him and other thoughts about her friends. She’s got 4 options. Can she really choose? Or will Serrano eliminate all other choices?

The genres for this visual novel would be Romance/Horror/Angst. There is serious violence, blood, and raging teenage hormones.
There are 4 character routes, with 1 good ending for each, several bad endings for each, and only 1 TRUE ending for one character.

Progress:
Only got 2 characters completely down and finished art-wise, which are shown in the screenshots. 2/12 characters done, soooo I think that's 16% for the characters. The script is like 1% finished, backgrounds 10% finished, start page is almost done and anything else is 0% finished.

Here are 3 random screenshots so far from the novel. Feedback is appreciated on the shots, art, lettering, whatever. Maybe people actually anticipating this thing would motivate me to work faster

Last edited by mysoxlike2party on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now that's PiMpTaStIc!!!
mysoxlike2party

Re: WIP - New VN Project - Physical Education

Postby fleet » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:31 pm

The story sounds interesting. Your character sketches are okay. Teacher who date students should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
As far as the lettering, I'd use a white font on a darker background, but that's just my opinion.
Very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Re: WIP - New VN Project - Physical Education

Postby cidthekitty » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:29 am

ooooh teacher with a dark past i like it! i like dark characters sometimes.
sounds interesting im interested in seeing more of this good luck!

current progress: Chris is finished. Currently working on Mason, Kitsu, Megan, and Jeremy's route. Chris and MC sprites are finished.
cidthekitty

Return to Expo