[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Coffee Buddies (A work in progress).

Coffee Buddies (A work in progress).

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Coffee Buddies (A work in progress).

Postby Kittyplay2009 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:47 am

Hello everyone, Kitty here!
I have a new visual novel that's coming soon called "Coffee Buddies". Here's some information about it.

Title of visual novel: Coffee Buddies
Age Rating: All-ages
Genre: Romance, slice-of-life, comedy.
Storyline: A college student named Scott has a routine of going to a small coffee shop every Saturday morning and Sunday evening. He goes there one Saturday and sees a beautiful girl named Esmeralda...
Characters:
Scott- The protagonist of the story. He goes to the coffee shop and meets Esmeralda. He's a good student, with A-B grades in his classes, and is kind.
Esmeralda- The main, and only, heroine. She is quiet, and somewhat shy when Scott first meets her. But after a while, she opens up to him, and is somewhat more energetic.

There will be a demo soon, and I'll be sure to post it when I can!
Kittyplay2009

Re: Coffee Buddies (A work in progress).

Postby fleet » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:20 am

Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Avaible » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:05 am

Me too :)
Avaible

Postby Kittyplay2009 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:36 pm

I just want to thank you guys so much for your support. You don't know how much confidence that's given me to finish this game. At one point, I thought the story was too weak and almost dropped it! :o
Kittyplay2009

Postby Avaible » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Don't drop it!
We want to play your Novel in the future;)

And if you're not confident in aspects of your story, you can ask for help or advise anytime :D
Avaible

Postby Kittyplay2009 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm luckily not dropping it. In fact, as I'm typing to you, I'm working on it! I'll be posting the demo in a while, hopefully today, so look forward to it!
Kittyplay2009

Postby Avaible » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:14 pm

I will~
Avaible

Postby Kittyplay2009 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:16 am

...Never mind.
Last edited by Kittyplay2009 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kittyplay2009

Postby fleet » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:39 am

Where's the demo?
very respectfully,
fleet
fleet

Postby Avaible » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Hm, I can't find it either.
Avaible

Postby Kittyplay2009 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:52 pm

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!! I need help with figuring out how upload it somewhere! It wouldn't let me upload the actual file here. :oops:
Kittyplay2009

Postby Avaible » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:05 pm

I'm using Mediafire for things like that. It's free.
Avaible

Postby Kittyplay2009 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:59 pm

Well, without further ado, here's the demo. ...For real this time. You can find the .exe file here:

And, if necessary, here's the .nov file:
I hope you guys like it, and let me know of what you thought!
I saw several grammatical errors, and those will be fixed in the full version. Right now, just enjoy it as it is. ;)
Kittyplay2009

Postby Avaible » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:01 pm

The .exe file won't work without the .dll file (in the same folder). You have to upload both so that others are able to play it;)

I'm loading the .nov file now.

Edit:

So, I played it now.
Well, it's short but that's to be expected.
But I would recommend to slow down with the text-transitioning. It's too fast for the more slow-paced story.
You can simply change the setting for that in the property inspector of your dialogue-box. It should be '20' by default, so maybe go with '15' or even slower.
Avaible

Postby fleet » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:47 am

She asked to sit with Scott when the coffee shop had so many empty tables....
I hope you explain why somewhere in the story...
fleet

Next

Return to Expo