[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Vera Blanc and the Island Phantom (PG Version, HTML)

Vera Blanc and the Island Phantom (PG Version, HTML)

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Vera Blanc and the Island Phantom (PG Version, HTML)

Postby fleet » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:12 am

This is a fan made game based on characters from the Winterwolves Games Vera Blanc games (many thanks to Winterwolves Games for permission to use the characters).

The game contains partial nudity, alcohol use, and mild violence.

EDIT: Updated to version 7, playable on Windows, MAC, and Linux systems using any web browser that supports HTML 5. Unzip to any folder on your hard drive, then open the index.html file. Download lionk is at ->

No registration is required for the PG13 release.

Take on the role of Vera Blanc, a beautiful young woman who, after brain surgery, gained the extraordinary ability to read other people's minds!
Daughter of Emmanuel Blanc, one of the richest people on Earth, Vera left her life of luxury to use her powers to work alongside paranormal detective Brandon Mackey. Be immersed in the world of the supernatural as you play the detective!
Follow Vera and Brandon to a Caribbean island to investigate a phantom guarding a fortune in gold.
Will you be able to solve the mystery?
The game ending you get depends on choices you make. Game play includes a challenging mind reading mini-game.

This visual novel is an original story based on the "Vera Blanc" character, created by Winter Wolves Games (permission has been granted to use the character). Familiarity with the Vera Blanc characters is not required. Characters are introduced at the beginning of the game (the player has the option to skip the introduction).

very respectfully,
fleet
Last edited by fleet on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Re: Vera Blanc and the Island Phantom

Postby silver_moonrise » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:42 pm

I get an URL error. could you please post a new link :mrgreen:
Use you creativity to make a rainbow.. or something useful =_=
silver_moonrise

Postby fleet » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:32 pm

fleet

Postby silver_moonrise » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:33 pm

No problem =D i'm downloading it right now.
silver_moonrise

Postby fleet » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:46 pm

I hope you enjoy it. I tried to follow the playing style of the original Vera Blanc games.
fleet

Postby silver_moonrise » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:36 pm

BEWARE of spoilers

I just finished you game (after 7 bad endings :lol: )

Pro:
-Story was good
- simple to understand
-and script was organized
- reading-mind-mini-game (I really liked that one =)
- many outfits
- the map (choice where you want to go)
- good ending is dubbed (two different voices)

contra
- no background music (that really bugged me)
- no save button
- It could be me, but i couldn't get into that story, i couldn't feel like i was a part of it. i think it's not necessary, but that sometimes very good stories have the ability to empathize the reader with the story and characters.
- too different background styles (drawn pics to photography) (i personally don't like that)

I didn't see that much nudity, just to point out :mrgreen: , but her boobs, they were frighting big O.O
and i liked the dub ending, but the voices made me jump the first moment. i didn't see that coming.

:D I hope i could write a useful review. Sorry if not. :roll:
silver_moonrise

Postby fleet » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate you giving me constructive criticism.
I have not included background music in any of my VNs yet. Personally I find background music a distraction. I might look into adding royalty free music to future games.
I can look into adding save and load buttons. I did tell the player how to save and load the game on the third slide (game instructions). Did you miss seeing that?

The mini-mind reading game is from the original commercial Vera Blanc games, as is the 'click on a map location to go there' feature. The commercial games have two additional types of mini games, a memory game where you have to remember a series of single digit numbers in sequence, and a 'compare these pictures and find the differences' game.

Regarding empathy for the characters, I can understand. The introductory slides (slides 4 thru 20) are taken almost verbatim from the two commercially produced Vera Blanc games. I did not want to try to create different backgrounds or add background information not already know about the characters, since WinterWolves Games is considering making a third commercial game (per their forum it looks to be a 'point and click adventure' instead of a VN).

Regarding Vera's statuesque figure, I initially thought about using a less endowed main character (using a model similar to Eva), but hey, I like big ones.

very respectfully,
fleet
fleet

Postby silver_moonrise » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:23 pm

I didn't miss the introduction of the save option introduction, but at first i was so focused to use my learned english to understand everything, that i forgot the combination and lost the game twice. the third time i got smarter ;)

some say i am a little one-track-minded, but there are many like me out there. =ß so it could be a problem, which could appear a few times or more.

about the music, its one of the most important atmosphere makers. If you don't use music, its making a atmosphere too. so its up to the author, how he wants to make the games mood.

but the game was okay,
but if someone makes a re-make, the personal aspect from the author gets lost.

(hey wouldn't Vera get a ticket or something, if she would go out wearing the outfits of yours ? Ü )
silver_moonrise

Postby fleet » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:01 am

I checked, and adding save and load buttons is easy. I will do a revision of the game and add them.

It's unlikely that Vera would be arrested for her outfits in the places where the Vera games take place (places in the commercial games include New York, France, Germany, Italy).

I'll replay the second commercial Vera Blanc game and pay attention to the music.

very respectfully,
fleet

EDIT: Vera asked me to send you a PM with her showing her appreciation for your playing the fan-made game.
fleet

Postby silver_moonrise » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:13 am

Don't take my jokes too seriously ;)

I am looking forward to play your edited game.

:mrgreen: sweet! I PM her back.
silver_moonrise

Postby fleet » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:33 am

Updated to version 3 (added quick save and quick load buttons at critical decision points in the game), link is in first post.
very respectfully,
fleet
fleet

Postby fleet » Thu May 30, 2013 1:58 am

Updated to version 5, which uses better models and 3D backgrounds.

Link to PG 13 version.

fleet

Postby 8oni » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:25 am

So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby fleet » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:44 pm

:D
fleet