[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Sherlock - The Pendant Soldiers (WIP)

Sherlock - The Pendant Soldiers (WIP)

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Sherlock - The Pendant Soldiers (WIP)

Postby Graciex » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:02 am

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site as well as the art of visual novel making. I am, however, and enthusiastic writer, and I think Novelty is a great way to extend this!

This will be my first visual novel ever, so I've joined the site in case I need any help with the technicalities. My game/story is based off the amazing BBC Sherlock series that aired a while back. For the uninitiated, it is an update of the Sherlock Holmes canon, putting him in the modern day. As someone who loves the canon, this show was perfect for me with all its references! Please do check it out if you haven't had the chance.

(Art is by my good friend who's deviantart account can be found at y0do.deviantart.com)

The story is now titled! It's a bit cryptic or I'd be giving to much of the plot away. Pendant here is related to the term for two paintings that are meant to be displayed together, or companion paintings. Not jewellery :)

---

---

The story is based on three of my favourite canon stories, Charles Augustus Milverton, The Devil's Foot and The Second Stain, as well as incorporating the plot of the TV series. I planned to have 5 chapters and 3 largely superficial endings, but now there are 6 chapters and two completely different endings and there are little ways in which the endings can differ.

Chapter 1 - The Case (DONE!)
Chapter 2 - The Break-in (DONE!)
Chapter 3 - The Hiding Place (DONE!)
Chapter 4 - The Warning (scenes needed)
Chapter 5 - The Ultimatum (scenes needed)
Chapter 6 - The Rescue (scenes needed)

---

Protagonists

---

--

Character Art - 100%
Background Art - 100%
Scenes - 20% (Only have sketches so far)
Script - 100% (DONE!)

Story Overall - 95% (only art needs to be finished! Hurry up y0do!!)

---

Comments and suggestions are welcome! I shall update this post as and when I finish things :)
Last edited by Graciex on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:16 am, edited 17 times in total.
Graciex

Re: Sherlock - a VN (Currently untitled)(WIP)

Postby fleet » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:27 am

The drawn characters look a lot like the actors. As a Sherlockian, I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby ErikB » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:11 pm

Looks very promising =)
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Graciex » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:22 pm

Last edited by Graciex on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graciex

Postby Graciex » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Graciex

Postby Graciex » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:24 pm

First page has been updated to include all the protagonist character art I have so far. I'm not going to post the antagonists as that might spoil the story!
Also there is a more detailed breakdown of what I need to do.
Graciex

Re: Sherlock - The Pendant Soldiers (WIP)

Postby skim » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:40 pm

o_o looks awesome!

I can't wait to play a demo!
skim

Postby Graciex » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Thank you skim! Everything is done, I'm just waiting for bg art and object art now :)
Graciex

Postby FrankenFish » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Can I marry you?

I adore the art style, you've picked my favourite canon stories (Charles Augustus Milverton - FFFFF perfect choice) and evidently alot of work has gone into this. This instant you release it I will be hammering that download button! Can't wait and good luck!
(And you're obviously an original!Sherlock fan. I absolutely love the BBC series but GAH! There's only three episodes of it!)
FrankenFish

Postby EriksBlue » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:01 am

I played it i thought it was awesome, but Ms.Hudson looks weird.
EriksBlue

Postby Miss-Mae » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:56 am

I think it looks great! The artist you got is amazing, and who doesn't like Sherlock Holmes? :D
- Come check out my art site! \o/
Miss-Mae

Return to Expo