[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Fullmetal Alchemist Doujin Game

Fullmetal Alchemist Doujin Game

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Fullmetal Alchemist Doujin Game

Postby Zel » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:23 am

Yo!

I'm working on compilling the resources and drafting a story and all that junk for a fan-game based on the popular series Fullmetal Alchemist. I thought that I should get my feet wet with the program so that I have an idea of what I can do, how it works, etc., so I can plan more efficiently. I'd also like to have to release as few 'updates' as possible with the final project, so I'm seeing what little things and bugs pop up for different users. Thanks to some very helpful and amazingly fast feedback, I'm learning little tips and tricks like the benefits of using text rather than systemtexts, etc.

In the spirit of learning and just for some fun, I made a short little demo game.

DEFINITELY NOT WORKSAFE; 18+ ONLY DUE TO EXPLICIT IMAGES AND LANGUAGE.

There's about a half-hour's worth of "gameplay" (as much gameplay as you can expect in a VN/Text adventure game), but it's mostly a bunch of in-jokes and cheap excuses for me to try out different things. Some of the humor derrives from riffing off of various FMA lines, so I hope the translations carry over universally enough.

Worse still, a lot of the stuff I'm testing (threading, variables, etc.) is behind the scenes and can't even be seen, so it's REALLY just a bunch of plotless dialogue to anyone playing.

None the less, if anyone wants to play it, I've tried to make it at least a little amusing.

If you find any bugs or glitchy looking things (no, bad sprite art is NOT a glitch... unless it involves a third eye or dissapearing glasses), a screenshot or some such would be incredibly helpful!

Thanks for looking!
Zel

Return to Expo