[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - TRACEr

TRACEr

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

TRACEr

Postby VisuaLayer » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:38 am

Hello, I have started to create a visual Novel and i am using novelty.
I am not sure when i can actually post a working version of the game as while i have only planned out all the large events and just started the script itself.
I am doing both the programing in novelty and art by myself as well as writting the scenario.
its going to be a little bit about 2 months or so before i have a fully playable version but the game is fairly developed from all the planning that went into it.

I started this project without novelty in mind but after seeing it and using it i am extremely impressed with all the functionality and customization yet still easy to use interface.

Anyway here is some work in progress art and information on the game.

----------------------
TRACEr;
The story fallows the life of a socially disconnected high schooler who doesn't understand everyone around him, yet lets no one know about his inner thoughts and continually puts on a mask of what he believes to be normal. Murakami Shin is the story protagonist, the school is set in a fictional city set in japan.

Shin has become tired and bored of everyday life and constantly feels like something is wrong or missing from him. Everyday nothing changes, all the teachers and students seem so distant and different from how he views the world so he continues with his mask of normality. Until one day the entire class of 2-E is broken up and split amongst the other classes due to budget cuts. Enter Minami Mei. A kinda forceful yet cheery girl who unlike everyone else at the school so far for some reason decides to talk to Shin. Shin has never had a real conversation with others in his class and is a little stardled by the action of the girl who is just talking to her new desk neighboor out of bordeom. a casual comment like "it isn't real you know?" about their teachers hair starts a spiral of events.
-----------
That was just a summary of the first few lines of dialogue the game goes on to have lots of dark themes and elements and quickly becomes obvious this isn't a highschool drama. a serial killer has targeted the school and is picking off students one by one. strangely enough all of the murders seem to be somehow connected to Shin. the games main storyline is about investigating the murders, but it is also split up with making friends and social interactions during the day.
---
this is most of the character art i have. I still have not decided how i am coloring the images but i'll decide that after.

Minami Mei
Click for hi-res http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/ ... hColor.png

Murakami Shin
again click for hi-res http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/ ... rned-1.jpg

I have a second and third female character nono and juri, and i also have a Short demo like nightmare prologue that i need to work on but it shows kind of the theme of the game a bit..

link to the prologue: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45198/nightmare%20run.rar

i still have not decided on a hair color for nodoka (nono) and Juri is still in design phase so she is just a small sketch as it is now.

Juri

Nodoka

i also have a first draft non final sketch of shin's younger sister (kind of comic relief type character who has a few major roles in the story)

Miki
Last edited by VisuaLayer on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
VisuaLayer

Re: TRACEr

Postby Taishi » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:06 am

wooo.... thats some nice plan for story... and the chars...
looks interesting... dark theme... mmmmhhhhh
i want more =P

Im the Astral Claw warrior
Taishi

Postby Kuro&Shiro » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:14 am

Yay! I can't wait to see how it goes!
Kuro&Shiro

Postby Shirlee » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:59 pm

Ooh, that boy is so handsome
Shirlee

Postby Milkymalk » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:52 pm

Sounds like a plan :-) I'm very interested in seeing this develop.

The protagonist reminds me of Yagami Light at first glance :D
Milkymalk

Postby VisuaLayer » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:11 am

Hi everyone,
I updated the first page will all the new content i have to show.
VisuaLayer

Postby Milkymalk » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Hehe, I know that tune. Fatal Frame 1 / Project Zero 1, if I'm not mistaken.

What they're singing is "Kagome Kagome", a children's game song where one stands in the center of the circle with closed eyes, and when they stop singing the child in the center has to guess who is directly behind him, based on who is in front of them.
And like most children's rhymes, it's HELL CREEPY! :-)

If your demo is representative for the rest of the game, we're in for a ride :)
Milkymalk

Postby VisuaLayer » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:06 pm

VisuaLayer

Postby slider11 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:39 pm

The plot was not bad, and have you been playing persona 4 lately?
Waiting for your full project :)
slider11

Postby SeaMaid96 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:14 pm

WOOOHOOOO!
I like the idea, and I really love the way you've drawn them.
I now feel like giving the obligatory self-input: I think that Miki should have the lower twintails.

Besides, the link to the preview-thingy is broken... aww...

I hope that you'll be able to finish this someday!
Svenska är mitt modersmål.
I:
Compose music for fun (PM me for more info).
Should start reading more.
Deliberately miss the point of the weirdest series.
Never know what to write in signatures...
SeaMaid96

Return to Expo