[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Anime Game Android 2015 : Ghost Ring - The Soul Labyrinth

Anime Game Android 2015 : Ghost Ring - The Soul Labyrinth

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Anime Game Android 2015 : Ghost Ring - The Soul Labyrinth

Postby keitaro3660 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:36 am

why don't you try this? ^^

***Anime Game Android 2015 : Ghost Ring - The Soul Labyrinth, Anime Action Visual Novel Game***

Ghost Ring - The Soul Labyrinth is a 2D Action Platformer Anime Style Visual Novel Game on android that has immersive story. It has cute talented voice english dub, and gorgeous art. You act as Rai, a magical flying fox that have the magicattack of thunder and the power to go to people’s unconcious labyrinth world. With his partner, Eva, Rai join to a journey to collect Ghost Soul or Negative Energy for Eva’s Ghost Ring Soul Power (and Rai's MagicAttack power). In this game visual novel story part, they must save a girl named Rinne from deep depression by going through her puzzle labyrinth mind full of cute ghost creature. Anyone love flying rabbits?

see the trailer here

In this game, you won’t die because your adventure isn’t really in your physical world. But like diving in the water, diving in labyrinth of puzzle mind have a time limit. Because Rai and Eva's soul power is gradually decreasing. This game also combine unique elements like magicattack, Homing Boost, wall climbing, Platformer, Bullet Hell Danmaku Battle, treasure hunter in search for suika スイカ.

you can download it here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .ghostring
check my work here http://keitaro3660.blogspot.com/ and there's many interesting stuff too Image
keitaro3660

Re: Anime Game Android 2015 : Ghost Ring - The Soul Labyrint

Postby 8oni » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:02 pm

In case the pic above isn't getting loaded : http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2nkj2uc ... LFaPnvRZ1w

Sorry, can't play so can't give any feedback :?
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby Avaible » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:17 am

The app states it requires Android 2.3 or above (i.e. Gingerbread and upwards). Theoretically, BlueStacks, which you seem to be using 8oni, has started on Gingerbread but maybe your version is lacking some of the updates (there are 2.3 up to 2.3.7 all of which are Gingerbread) causing the error. Try using the most recent version of BlueStacks if you haven't already. Or just download the app if you have a real smartphone, instead of using an emulator.

That aside, I can't comment on the game itself as I haven't tried it yet, but the permissions it requires to install are quite off-putting for a simple game. Among other things it demands access to my ID (the phone ID, not some random user name), my calls, my GPS location and the ability to force my phone out of slumber mode. Except the slumber mode thing, which is really just an annoyance but nothing serious, the others are too much information that no game would actually need in order to run. That's just stuff they collect for whatever reason, but sure as heck not for game mechanics.

In no way do I mean to say this app has harmful intentions - just pointing out that it wants permission to areas you may not want to give it, depending on how important personal information is to you. Keep it in mind when deciding to download it. And for those who aren't used to apps and stuff, lots of apps require more than they actually need. Some with good intentions, some with bad intentions, some because they don't even realise it (bad design/ignorance is probably a pretty common case).
Avaible

Postby fleet » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:33 am

"Among other things it demands access to my ID (the phone ID, not some random user name), my calls, my GPS location and the ability to force my phone out of slumber mode."

No way in heck I'd give out that information just to play a game.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Avaible » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:33 pm

So I tried the game a bit by now. Let's get to what little I can review about.

First of all, props to you for making this game on Android, keitaro. I'm sure it must have taken considerable effort, time and frustration to put an app together from start to finish.

But there are still many issues with it; the game mechanics don't flow very well. The animations sometimes seem to lack behind, the control is pretty difficult because rather unpredictable. This definitely still needs much work and fine tuning (for future projects you may want to do).

And now for the unpleasant part, the actual user experience. You download it (it's pretty big at ~60MB btw, I bet the graphics and sound files could be compressed better than that), it asks for all those permission etc, install it, fine.
When you start it for the first time it connects with your phone details, then to your google play store and finds all the e-mail accounts you have ever used on your phone. It then prompts you to choose one as an account for the game. I don't see why that would be necessary, but oh well, so be it. It just takes a really long time to compute all of that, so you'll look at a blank black screen for quite a while. Next a window pops up asking you to permit google+ to track your gps in order to .. why? No idea, probably to optmise the advertisments inside the game. Anyway, not a problem much, since my phones gps is turned off all the time anyway, so good luck tracking anything. Next thing is that GhostRing (probably the google+ account with the same name) would like to have permission to view your google+ profile (makes me wonder what would have happened had I not choosen a google account at the first screen), including your circles (i.e. contacts), making game activity visible to everyone on google+, sharing the profile information of google+, managing the game activity etc.
Bottom line: if the app really wanted to, it could do lots of fancy bad stuff with your google+ account. Like posting stuff. Still, the way the game actually seems to use all these permissions is to offer you to share your activity on all these social sites like google, facebook, whatever else. So it's not really harmful or doing intrusive stuff, it simple allows you to share whenever you want to share something about the game on all your social sites.
And again, for people who don't know what to think about this: Most games allow you to share stuff, many non-game apps do as well. However, most apps are alot smarter about it - they do not demand you to register a google account with them, they do not demand all those permissions from you up front and to that extend - they simply offer you to do that whenever you want to share something (i.e. click on the share button) and do not keep that information saved or even require it to even start up. It may sound like not much of a difference, but demanding these things so blatantly up front may and will keep many potential users away from ever even starting up your game. This is not in your interest, as the creator, I presume.

Next thing, ads. These advertisments may be necessary for you, perhaps. But I doubt it, really. You don't have enough users for those to actually generate much of a revenue and they get in the way of the dialogue/text of every screen they pop up on. In fact, loading them takes enough processing power that the dialogue isn't even shown properly in the first place, and the voices not loaded. That is a major distraction and annoyance which should cause many people to not to play that game. Because, what's the point if they can't even see or hear the dialogue because an ad is being loaded? It completely destroys any possible immersion the player had. This, again, is not in your interest as the creator. I understand the reasons for ads, but you're getting your priorities backwards if they interfere with the user experience in such a way.

Bottom line: For your next project, focus all your attention on creating a good, sound and solid game and user experience before throwing all those gimmicks like sharing, ads, etc in. In fact, you can do without these things. Build up your reputation by producing quality games, build up a user base, build up trust. Don't force your users to tell you anything about them (i.e. register with google account and make them share all that info with you), instead, entice them to want to tell you. Let them play for free and without any account binding, put in a share button that will offer them to - temporary, one time only - login to whatever social site they use, share how much they love your game and then have the game forget they ever logged in. Do not force your users to commit anything to your game, but offer them the capability to still support you. It makes your game less cluttered, it makes it much more approachable, it makes for a better user experience - these things mean more people who will like what you do and that in turn means more support for you. And when you have all of that down, you can start with putting ads into your game (although at that point you will probably feel it isn't necessary anymore because a large and happy user base offers many better ways to make a profit than those ads).

The holds design recommendations on apps in general, you may find some of those ideas useful.

I want you to do better ;)
Avaible

Return to Expo