[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - The Old Wife's Tale

The Old Wife's Tale

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

The Old Wife's Tale

Postby Langknow » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:07 am

Hi Guys,

My first short visual novel , it is complete.

You guys can download it here:

Genre is horror , enjoy!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3NQIW22H
Langknow

Re: The Old Wife's Tale

Postby Taishi » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:07 am

I will test it once i get back from work =)
btw how short is short? =P

Im the Astral Claw warrior
Taishi

Postby Shirlee » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:25 am

I'm downloading ...
I hope your VN is vvverrrryyy scary and horror like you mean. I really like horror VN (sometimes)
Shirlee

Postby zero00 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:00 pm

downloading now, will report back soon ^>^

edit:

zero's critique corner is back with a vengeance XD

-music...i applaud you for trying to use different scores for different scenes, but there comes a point when there are just waaaaaaaaay too many, as some songs barely lasted one line or two...
-sprites...although they definitely show their true textures at that size, the way you did the sprites didn't come off that bad, though i admit to being a sucker for full anime style graphics XD
-transitions...your use of transitions helped, especially liked the use of the screen shake ^.^
-story...short, very short, honestly wouldn't call this much of a story, more like a demo of everything else IMHO...that being said however, your use of all scenes, music, transitions and sound effects did make it creepy in some parts =P

don't take my critique too hard, just offering some advice and hope to see some more work of yours in the future ^_^
zero00

Postby Langknow » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:24 pm

Langknow

Postby zero00 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:43 pm

zero00

Postby Shirlee » Fri May 01, 2009 6:38 am

I've played a few days ago, but I just forgot to post here ...
It really scared me when I saw the blood ... haha ..
Shirlee

Postby Kuro&Shiro » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:09 am

Hey I downloaded it and tried it out.

I have to say Great on the music and premise!
Although the Ragnarock online and Gaia online avatars threw me off.
And at the end you had a random anime image... it wasn't very consistent.

I would love to see this redone with more consistency; it would be terrific!

Keep up the good work and always improve.
Kuro&Shiro

Return to Expo