[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - [New!] Myth

[New!] Myth

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

[New!] Myth

Postby TheAnagram » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:48 pm

Myth is a Dating Sim game with a hint of RPG set in the fantastical land of Basio, it will take the player on an epic quest for love and much more!

I thought it'd be fun to make a dating sim that is a little bit away from the traditional style. I've decided to use my own cartoon-ish style for the characters, and my approach to the relationships is a little more on the light and humorous side.

The setting is that of a Tolkienesque fantasy world, expect monsters, magic, swords and castles!

Dating will not be the player's sole objective, I'm awful at programming but I have found that the "variable" function of Novelty can be extremely useful for creating new interactions for the player! I plan on creating a more open world experience for the player than most dating sims allow, and perhaps some RPG elements.

The game has only barely been started, but I have two characters so far (I'm not so good at drawing, but I've been teaching myself). Dateable characters will come in different species and professions, but they will all be male.

Name: John
Race: Human
Profession: Castle Guard

John is a timid, sheltered man who has a little problem talking to people- especially girls. His nerves often make him trip up on words or find himself stuttering, so be nice to him!

Name: Aurin
Race: Elf
Profession: Mage

Aurin is a no-nonsense kind of man, he likes to go about his business undisturbed. He has no time for people, much less relationships! Or perhaps it's just that nobody has ever given him a reason to get to know another person...

Unfortunately there is no demo so far, there isn't enough content yet, and I'm not free very much these days so I will be working on Myth slowly. Hopefully it is a project I'll actually manage to finish!
I'd love to hear what you guys think of this idea! I mean, not much point putting effort into finishing this game if nobody wants to play it :P
TheAnagram

Re: [New!] Myth

Postby fleet » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:00 pm

It might be nice to know something about the main (playable) character. Is he male or female, human or elf, any special characteristics or magical powers?
You might want to consider announcing your idea in the "Ideas" sub-forum at the lemmasoft forum. They have a LOT more members than the Novlety forums, and you'd probably get more feedback.
I wish you success with your story.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby TheAnagram » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:06 pm

TheAnagram

Postby 8oni » Wed May 01, 2013 3:54 am

The art is nice, they seems like a nice guy to hang around. I look forward to your completed project :)
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby TheAnagram » Sat May 04, 2013 2:45 pm

TheAnagram

Return to Expo