[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Children of Misfortune a mini visual novel

Children of Misfortune a mini visual novel

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Children of Misfortune a mini visual novel

Postby erihan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:43 am

http://www.4shared.com/zip/7GYqjPJD/chi ... rtune.html
this is the first game i made using Novelty, its a incredibly short game i made as a gift to the voice actors who are helping me with my three part project.
if you are wondering about the numbers a=1 and so on.
erihan

Re: Children of Misfortune a mini visual novel

Postby fleet » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:13 pm

4shared requires registration to download.

You might wish to consider uploading to hotfile, which does not require registration to download. :D
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby erihan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:23 am

erihan

Postby fleet » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:50 am

Thank you for uploading the visual novel onto hotfile. :D
I downloaded it and successfully opened and played it (all three endings).
I like the selection of music, and use of laughter.
You might wish to consider using Novelty's sample novel interface on your next visual novel.
There were a few punctuation errors (the word "dont" without an apostrophe, for example) and capitalization errors (when the letter "i" is used as a first person pronoun, it is always capitalized).
The visual novel was okay for a first effort.

Very respectfully,
Fleet
fleet

Postby erihan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:30 am

yeah, in my defense it was only one day of work, and the female ghost doesn't capitalize any of her words. also did you figure out the number code on the ending screen?
erihan

Postby fleet » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:36 pm

fleet

Postby erihan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:26 am

i will thanks, thats what i got my lovely editor for, but i didnt send her this one because i was an idiot, but the voice actos enjoyed it so its all that matters since i made it for them as a gift.
erihan

Postby 8oni » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:24 pm

That's a nice bgm that you use there. The sound is nice too. It's almost, not it's feels like pro. Nothing make situation scarier than an innocent laugh [of children] :)
And just a small tip, you can use Photoshop and then save it as png to make the bg transparent [If you save as jpg the bg will still be there]
I'm looking forward to your next work :)
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby lechatsarrat » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:58 am

Just played the mini novel. Great work for one day of creation. Creepy children sounds really set the mood. Nice choice of BGM.
Also, thank you for uploading to Hotfile. It was a fun play. :3
Peace out!
"May it be a fitting grave for a very unwelcome guest." -A.
lechatsarrat

Return to Expo