[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Phantasmagoria - The Record of Modern Magic

Phantasmagoria - The Record of Modern Magic

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Phantasmagoria - The Record of Modern Magic

Postby Krescentwolf » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:40 pm

I've finally (more or less) finished off the first chunk of my Visual Novel, which actually amounts to just the intro and prologue. :lol:
It still roughly equates to a beta release, seeing as the prologue is where the story currently ends... but hey... every fortress needs its foundation 8-)
I'll be releasing chapter-sized additions to it as they get finished.
The story will eventually consist of a Prologue (finished), three story arcs, and an epilogue.

Taken from my Blog:*shameless plug*

Phantasmagoria.
Noun.
From the French 'fantasme' or phantasm/ghost & '-agorie' or 'production/play'
An optical illusion produced by manipulating light from a special 'magic' lantern. Phantasmagoria, that is what they will call this day. A day when everything changes. When everything taken as fact turns into fiction. A day when everything taken as fiction turns into fact. A day when fantasy and illusion became reality.
A day... when Magic came to the otherwise normal real world.
And slowly, silently, the world goes mad.

A tale of magic revealed to the modern world, and the subsequent chaos that revelation makes, Phantasmagoria stars 'Helena Hollinger' (the girl in light blue pictured above) as she moves through a world in the middle of falling apart. To help her find her way through the chaos, Helena has the fact that her soul has awakened to the memories of its previous life, that of an ancient, pre-historic, hero queen named Azuria. Manifesting as an alternate personality, Azuria aids Helena as the two deal with the powerplays of several powerful 'Phantasms,' or modern magic users, who are trying to carve their will into the crumbling world.

Prologue (complete)
Arc 1: The Firefly & The Raven (in writing)
Arc 2: The Firefly & The Dragon
Arc 3: The Firefly & The Moth
Epilogue
---------

The current build only has the prologue, but can be found here
Download Link:
Note: A pair of fonts (included in the .rar file) are needed for the game, please install them before playing!

Critical hits... err... critiques and opinions welcome.
-Till next time

Mediafire Mirror:

Edits:
3/31/13: Added a more complete synopsis and some flavor graphics to the posting.
4/2/13: Ok wow, Was just informed of how screwy some parts of the game were due to lack of the proper font. Thought Novelty exported them but it didn't. New version uploaded with some minor fixes and the inclusion of the necessary fonts.
5/8/13: General Status update, with some art examples
Last edited by Krescentwolf on Wed May 08, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Phantasmagoria - The Record of Modern Magic'
A Project CoR Visual Novel
See my blog at: http://projectcor.blogspot.com/
Krescentwolf

Re: Phantasmagoria - The Record of Modern Magic

Postby 8oni » Wed May 08, 2013 11:49 am

I want to play this, but my conn isn't reliable and zippyshare did not allow resume dl. If you don't mind, can you upload this to somewhere else? Maybe media fire or sharebeast. Sorry for the trouble. :oops:
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby Krescentwolf » Wed May 08, 2013 9:15 pm

I usually use Zippyshare because they don't have a ton of annoying timers for every little thing but... it's not like having a mirror or two will hurt anything

Mediafire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?d28yhegqv7vx6qe

And, since I've neglected this thread for a while, I'll post some of the stuff I've shown over on the Lemma Soft Thread. I'll throw some updates to the first post as well.

Most of this is from my work on the first Arc: The Firefly & The Raven (Which hasn't been released yet)

The narrator: Wiseman

The mentor: Ysabella

The antagonist for the first arc: The Raven Master
Krescentwolf

Postby 8oni » Mon May 13, 2013 7:10 am

This. Is. Awesome. :shock:
Seriously, this is really good.

I'm supposed to give you some critique but I'm honestly like it too much to critique it. So I will just wait for someone else to do that :lol:
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby Krescentwolf » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:28 am

Hola all... Been a while since I posted anything (here and over on Lemma)

Anyway, I'd just like to say Yes, indeed, I'm still working on it. Arc one is nearly complete and will soon be ready for editing and then for release.

And as proof... Here's a sneak peak 8-)

Edit add: The forums are being fussy with the image size... so I'll post the DA link too.
http://krescentwolf.deviantart.com/#/ar ... 45948?hf=1
Krescentwolf

Return to Expo