[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - WitchTale-chapter one demo

WitchTale-chapter one demo

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

WitchTale-chapter one demo

Postby apoinkz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:16 am

hey, newbie here. Before I became a member of the forum, I was already fiddling with Novelty, and came up with this. everything in it are the defaults in Novelty.

It's a story about a guy who had one too many unfortunate events. This is just the demo of the story. If I have good reviews( Even just one) i'll try to finish it.

The title is WitchTale.

download here
Attachments
screen.jpg
Newbie here
apoinkz

Re: WitchTale-chapter one demo

Postby fleet » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:31 pm

I've downloaded the demo and will take a look at it. When I've finished playing the VN I'll edit this post by offering my comments.
You said, "If I have good reviews( Even just one) i'll try to finish it."
I would advice you not to make a decision on completing your VN based on reviews. Not everyone will like your work, many who read it won't comment, and some will say they like some things about it and dislike others.

EDIT: I played through the story one time. I didn't see any programming errors. The x button on the default interface (it's supposed to close the visual novel) doesn't work (this is a bug in the Novelty program). The save and load functions both worked flawlessly. :D
Story: I was able to follow the story without difficulty.
There were multiple instances of sentences beginning with a lower case letter. :cry:
I didn't see any incorrectly spelled words, nor did I note any glaring errors in punctuation. :D
I would recommend that you have a friend sit next to you at your computer and help you find errors. I hope you enjoy making your visual novel. ;)
I hope you decide to finish your visual novel.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Re: WitchTale-chapter one demo

Postby apoinkz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:23 am

Thank you very much. I'll try to finish it. Right now i'm stuck because of school works but I'll to work on it. Fleet I've been reading your other comments and I wished that you would comment pn my work as well. Thanks!!
Newbie here
apoinkz

Link broken

Postby ZephyrLightningheart » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:01 pm

I wanted to view some VNs made with novelty and I came across yours but the link is broken...
ZephyrLightningheart

Re: Link broken

Postby fleet » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:56 am

Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Return to Expo