[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - 2nd Place / Atomic Frisbee Shack, my first VN

2nd Place / Atomic Frisbee Shack, my first VN

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

2nd Place / Atomic Frisbee Shack, my first VN

Postby bcunderscore » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:11 pm

I know what you're thinking, uh oh, first vn? don't post it, ugh.

But this one I had innovations in mind.. It DOES have rotoscope animation, it does have original art, and it is different from any VN you've ever played unless you can link me to some similar style visual novels then I'll be all over it..

I kinda wanted a sequel under my belt before presenting this to the Novelty UG because I didn't wanna get shot down by the viewers until I had something that exercised the FULL potential of what I see a VN to be, but these are both still so different, and to understand the sequel this one can be played too. I don't wanna let down the medium creator in any way because he will probably wtf this project. I'm very confident and happy to present it now and feel like after releasing both how hard it is to make a VN.

It takes time dedication.. and you have to keep selecting from that dropdown menu which object to move/talk... It'd be kinda cool if you could click on hte object on the screen to select, but I'm sure someone has already pointed that out and this isn't the time or place to point that out.. It would have probably made production much faster but looking at the finished product, does the creator want me to be more productive?

It's kind of like Nintendo and what they do with their create stuff medium things. If they wanted they could have made flipnote studio have that mario paint interface where you can make stamps and have lots of presets but they went for the more basic feel, and I think the great medium creator has a big plan.

Anyway, ENJOY, and the same disclaimers from the sequel apply to this one. Play this one first though if you want a gist of what's going on, and the file is smaller so if you don't like it you will get similar expectations of the sequel! and props to Skim.
bcunderscore

Re: 2nd Place / Atomic Frisbee Shack, my first VN

Postby fleet » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:44 pm

What's the story about?
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Re: 2nd Place / Atomic Frisbee Shack, my first VN

Postby bcunderscore » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:50 am

tvdinner
bcunderscore

Return to Expo