[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - New Novelty VN: Dratmask

New Novelty VN: Dratmask

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

New Novelty VN: Dratmask

Postby bcunderscore » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Okay I did everything I could to make an alternative VN.. Yes it starts like most other vns where you start in that dark forest with the sky, This is a sequel to 2nd place/Atomic Frisbee Shack which is also a novelty engine game... here is the link.

Disclaimers: You may run across some spelling errors but the ones put in are intentional, as I was tying it an saw it and sutff like where i just typed stuff just now but didn't bother to go back and backspace it.. So grammar czars download at your own risk!

I found a wonderful ug (community) that allows like-minded people to submit games based on the passion of making a game and they don't focus solely on production values or the like, it's about postcardware being brought back and making stuff to inspire your friends, but I did some creative thinking with this one... I think NovelTY is a wonderful engine..

Uhh, music is original, mine, 2 characters are generated, one made by me, one made by my friend, and one by Mikan of skimlines. I already left a private message on one of her communication protocols to profess exclamatory appreciation for not only providing the characters but parsing them for Novelty so we don't have to go through the editor, so for the sequel I kept Wendy named Wendy.

There's a song that's not mine but played by one of my relatives.

The game may be short, so another disclaimer, but it's made to accompany the song, as an extension to that song. Not a musical video quite but I really was happy making that song in 2006 and it's one of my favorites, the absurdity, the oboe, the clarinet, the kalimba, etc

I urge those who do download and don't like it to at least learn from it that there is more than one way to tell a story in the visual novel world and I tried to express that in both this game and the prequel, 2nd place/Atomic Frisbee Shack and that games should be fun to make and produce, and bring joy and wonder to you and your target audience.

My medium is not quite target audience savvy so if I find a +1 over it I'm pretty happy. While the prequel is a typical VN with choices and alternate endings, this one is more Kinetic but requires some user input so things are kept interesting and there are slide bars that affect things as well.

I'd encourage those to play the first game first, since it's shorter and if it's not in your style then Dratmask probably won't be either. Both aren't huge files so they can be enjoyed and still have time to go to brunch. I will make a post for the first game as well since well, I dunno, I spent some good quality time on both and I'm giving them special edition topics.
bcunderscore

Return to Expo