[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Roxy Underwood (updated 8/16/12)

Roxy Underwood (updated 8/16/12)

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Roxy Underwood (updated 8/16/12)

Postby nellmee » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:27 am

This is Intro of my series :3 I figured out another way to convert my Actor into the game, although i'd still like to know how to do it properly!
Roxy Underwood Intro- http://fav.me/d5bgif6
i'm currently working on the interactive part

Extra Practice Book- http://www.mediafire.com/?tlvdqm5nvk1y31g (made with default stuff so no extra stuff needed0

Please Give me your feedback
Things I Already Know About
My Grammar and Spelling are off and/or incorrect

Here is the actual game containing Intro and Chapter 1 :3
http://www.mediafire.com/?211y3rp8c9i3pg9
Please Take Note of the fallowing!
Roxy is NOT set as an actor
Spelling and grammar may be inaccurate
Glitches may appear during this game (If you experience a glitch please tell me and show me a picture of it)
This game installment is only Intro and Chapter 1
Last edited by nellmee on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Read, Love, Learn
nellmee

Re: Roxy Underwood

Postby fleet » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Hello. I downloaded the 36MB file.
May I suggest that you export the game as a standalone? I had to play the VN from within Novelty. The sprites did not appear, and there was no music (not sure if the lack of music was intentional).
Please remember when you export the VN as a standalone game, create a new folder to export it into, and then use 7zip, winzip, or winrar (file compression programs) to compress ALL of the files in that new folder before uploading.
I can't comment on the contents of the VN since there isn't much there,
just
Very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby nellmee » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Read, Love, Learn
nellmee

Postby fleet » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:17 am

Hello. Here are the steps to export your VN as a stand alone.

1. Click on the word FILE on the command line
2 Inthe drop down menu, click on the word EXPORT. A new menu will appear on the side.
3. In the side menu, click on Stand alone game. A mini-Window will appear.
4. In the mini window, select the Options tab, and choose both Compile content and Copy video files.
5. Next click on the Export tab (NOT the export button at the bottom), then Change the output path to a place you can easily find (I usually create a new folder for each visual novel).
6. After doing this, click on the Export button at the bottom of the mini-window.
7. Navigate to the folder where you exported the stand alone game. You should see several files there, an nvz file, an exe file and the fmodex.dll file.
8. Use 7 zip, winzip, winrar, or your favorite file compression program to compress all the exported files into one compressed file.
Distribute or upload the compressed file.

The picture below is what I see when I tried to play your VN.

untitled.JPG

Very respectfully,
fleet
fleet

Postby nellmee » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:34 am

Thanks you fleet, and I've edited my post so it has my DA link to the intro which I had made with screen recording.
Also is there a way you may know of to convert the novels into flash games?
Read, Love, Learn
nellmee

Postby fleet » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:19 am

I am sorry, but I don't know of a way to convert Novelty visual novels into flash games.
fleet

Postby nellmee » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:49 am

Read, Love, Learn
nellmee

Return to Expo