[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Like the Stars

Like the Stars

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Like the Stars

Postby Shirlee » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:29 am

Hello all! I was working on a novel called Like the Stars : you're my star and I need some ideas pls!

I've think all over it and decided to draw my own characters. It'll be a bit longer ... sorry. I might also change the story and the names. But I'm glad you liked it. ^0^

likethestarslogo.png

Story will be told later
Last edited by Shirlee on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shirlee

Re: Like the Stars

Postby 12riven » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:01 am

hmmm....i like the names :P

the title....not so much though. it doesn't sound like a real visual novel title and something you will see in a game store....but maybe im just wrong :P

but i like ur logo its nice :P
12riven

Postby ErikB » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:50 am

I quite like the title.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby 12riven » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:19 am

then its just me then XD

hope to see screenshots if u have made the game :3
12riven

Postby Taishi » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Well for ideas... you gave out too little i mean... we know nothing ecept the names and genders =P

Im the Astral Claw warrior
Taishi

Postby Shirlee » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:26 am

Yeah but I'll give out more info later ... I haven't really decide all of it.
Shirlee

Postby ErikB » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:38 am

When I was a wee lad and were making my own games using tools not too different from Novelty, except for 2D platformers, I would love to spend time doing logos and various sprite art and animations, but when I had to work on the actually game my creativity had already been drained and wouldn't feel like doing the technical stuff, and the game died.

So I quickly learned that it's important to start on a project at the right end, so to speak. Starting with the game and fleshing out the art and logos later. At the same time, creativity can be an unruly force and sometimes it's just plain more fun to do the non-important stuff first and having fun IS the most important part. Even if I never even 0got started on some of the games I were hyping I would start on something new the next day.

I don't know if this even applies to you and your game. I hope to see the fruits of your work, but more importantly, that you're having fun.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby 12riven » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:50 pm

omg erik you're just like me XD

i design the logo and the art first, since those are the parts that i find fun and interesting XD

then....the game dies XD
12riven

Postby Taishi » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:03 pm

Well.... im difrent then...
first in comes the plot... and thoughts how cool it will look in game... then i add the game and at last or if im stuck at thinking up i do things like title's movies and so on =)

Taishi

Postby Shirlee » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanks for that great advice ^-^
And I'm having fun too!
Shirlee

Postby Taishi » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Fun is the best thing =)
it keeps me moving =) as much as positive comments =)
Just keep having "fun" with novelty and a great game is going to come outa this =)

Taishi

Postby 12riven » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:47 pm

yes as taishi said, its gud that ur having fun ^^

i hope that your game will turn out great!
12riven

Postby zero00 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:52 pm

zero00

Return to Expo