[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - [P-COMPLETED] S E R E N I T Y

[P-COMPLETED] S E R E N I T Y

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

[P-COMPLETED] S E R E N I T Y

Postby Shodaimehs » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 am

So I just got to know about Novelty last week, and it was a marvelous program.
I did learn a little programming but I am still a newbie so I didn't want to use codes.
Novelty is such a marvellous program such then from where I started to where I completed my first Novel (SERENITY) I didnt once used a code.

It's so user friendly that I didn't need any tutorials. I just opened the program, messed around a bit and got the hold of it.
From then on, it took me four days to complete the Novel.

I weren't a good artist, so I used the default character portraits and backgrounds from the Novelty program. I must say that the characters are drawn very well.
The backgrounds from the KSM list is amazing as well.

It took me about 2 hours to come up with a simple plot, so the story is simple and straightforward. I really do love psychological novels, so I wrote it myself while taking some concepts from other novels.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/CoKAzzf_/Ser ... imehs.html

This is the download link.

The size of the novel is near to 100 mb, ( I am sure it's because of the many back ground musics and sound effects ) since those are the only things I imported.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As long as I am alive or when I feel like it, I will keep improving the novel, so be sure to give some feedback :D

Thanks !
Shodaimehs

Re: [P-COMPLETED] S E R E N I T Y

Postby fleet » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Congratulations on completing your first VN, and doing it in only four days! It took me about four weeks to do my first VN.
You might want to consider posting a 'teaser' to tell what the story is about.
I clicked on the link to download the file, but 4shared requires me to sign up to download. I will NOT ask you to post it somewhere else just for me, since I put most of my VNs on a site that requires registration. Sometimes I use rapidshare, which does not require the downloader to register.

What formats did you use for the CG backgrounds and music you imported? If you used png files for the graphics, you might want to consider using jpg instead.
For the music, if you used wav files, you might want to use mp3 files instead, and use a music editor program to shorten the length of the song.

I used these techniques and reduced a 100 MB visual novel to 25MB.

Very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby geniusrko » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:20 pm

A really good start but you can write better than that.
You should also write more info about the game like {protanogoist,other characters,the plot}.
If you want more stuff to work with you should buy a visit to
geniusrko

Postby Shodaimehs » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks for the replies and opinions! Together we will improve the game >:D
Shodaimehs

Return to Expo