[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Glare of fate (temporary name) Tech. demo

Glare of fate (temporary name) Tech. demo

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Glare of fate (temporary name) Tech. demo

Postby Iwakura » Sun May 20, 2012 9:25 pm

Hello again. I'm posting the thing that it's driving me crazy since last month. I have some issues and questions to comment.
- There isn't sound or music at the moment. I'll leave that matter for later.
- In the demo, there isn't anything about the story, but allows me to receive suggestions. I need to know how you feel navigating through the game.
- In some occassion the skip text indicator doesn't work for unknown reasons. A button decide on its own to disappear, too T_T.
- In the final game will be 4 or 5 "dungeons", and a nexus in common for all.
- The game will be based on exploration, picking items and having arguments with some strange characters. It's possible to the Main character to go insane, forcing a premature bad ending.
- I'll plan to make 3 routes whith its corresponding 3 endings, plus a special ending. (and the bad ending, too).
- The genre is mistery. It will have romance, but it isn't a dating sim.
- The backgrounds will be remade. The actual ones are for the demo. The HUD will be remade as well. I don't like it anymore. The Actors are fine for now...

Questions:
- Do you think it is a good idea to allow players to move? My idea is that the player experiences the anxiety and disconfort of being in strange places with strange things. (however the map doesn' will be complicated).
- Have you encountered errors or glitches?

OK, i'll cut the small talk....
I'll apreciate any suggestions.

Download game: http://www.mediafire.com/?1ajsiiso3oulnpr
Here is a snapshot.
Iwakura

Re: Glare of fate (temporary name) Tech. demo

Postby fleet » Sun May 20, 2012 11:00 pm

I downloaded and played it until I found.
I didn't see any misspelled words.
I like the maze, and having the actors move through it. I also think you did a good job with the lip movement.
I didn't encounter any errors or glitches.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Re: Glare of fate (temporary name) Tech. demo

Postby Iwakura » Sun May 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Ok. Thank you.
You have reached the end of the demo. Yes it's short, very short. But it must be done in that order. If you go where the man is before entering the room, you will not encounter him. In the final game you need to explore to view some scenes, too. The system of the maze, events and conversations works well in my head. I had made this demo to confirm it.
More info: The girl is the sister of the MC, and the strange man.. his father. XD
Iwakura

Return to Expo