Vera Blanc and the Identity Thief -fan made game -html

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Vera Blanc and the Identity Thief -fan made game -html

Postby fleet » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Download ->https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B2xwa6LsMHzmOHNwZ0Nycno5YlU&export=download

EDIT: "Vera Blanc and the Identity Thief" is a fan-made visual novel, characters used with permission from Winter Wolves Games). The visual novel is available at wolflore dot net in the adult visual novels section (free registration is required to access that area). The release contains both teen and adults only versions.

EDIT 2: System requirements: A web browser that is capable of playing HTML 5. This has been tested using several browsers on a PC running Windows 7. It should run on a MAC system using Safari, Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome, and on a Linux system using Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome browsers. Uncompress the compressed file using 7zip, winzip, winrar, or your favorite archiver. You may install the game in any folder on your hard drive.
To run the game, open the index.html file using the web browser of your choice.

Take on the role of Vera Blanc, a beautiful young woman with the extraordinary ability to read other people's minds!
Daughter of Emmanuel Blanc, Vera left a life of luxury to work alongside paranormal detective Brandon Mackey.
In this game Vera Blanc and her partner Brandon Mackey travel to Atlanta to investigate a case of identity theft.
Will you be able to solve the mystery?

Vera Blanc immerses you in the world of the supernatural as you play the detective!
The game ending you get depends on choices you make. Game play includes a challenging mini-game.
Last edited by fleet on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Re: Vera Blanc and the Identity Thief -fan made game

Postby fleet » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:17 pm

The visual novel is complete; I edited the original post.
fleet

Postby Wright » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:21 am

fleet wrote:The visual novel is available at wolflore dot net in the adult visual novels section (free registration is required to access that area). The release contains both teen and adults only versions.

The following is my opinion. I am being brutally honest. So, if you are someone who gets easily offended, you should not read any further.

It's really rude to ask people to register in some other website just to download your game. That is the reason you don't attract audience.
First, you ask people to register in some other cheap website to download your game and then, you complain because you are not getting any comments. How pathetic!
But do whatever you want. It is not like I really care.
I still miss my ex-girlfriend... but my aim is improving.
Wright

Postby Halca » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Wright, you have been looking for trouble ever since you started posting here. It is really unnecessary for you to be acting this rude when we're such a small community as it is, you must be well aware of proper etiquette and try not to be so offensive all the time. It's not very nice.
Halca

Postby justjoe » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:24 pm

I tried to report Wright's post for being rude, but looks like somebody already reported it. Is this the same Wright who was just banned from LemmaSoft for being rude?
Hey, fleet, how about sending me a link to the visual novel via PM? I'm over 21. :D
justjoe

Postby fleet » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:44 am

justjoe wrote:I tried to report Wright's post for being rude, but looks like somebody already reported it. Is this the same Wright who was just banned from LemmaSoft for being rude?
Hey, fleet, how about sending me a link to the visual novel via PM? I'm over 21. :D

Ok.
Very respectfully,
fleet
fleet

Postby Wright » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 am

Halca wrote:Wright, you have been looking for trouble ever since you started posting here. It is really unnecessary for you to be acting this rude when we're such a small community as it is, you must be well aware of proper etiquette and try not to be so offensive all the time. It's not very nice.

Me? Rude? Ha, ha. First of all, thanks for making me laugh.
I know it's a small community and my opinion was a bit harsh but that's why there was a warning.

Wright wrote:The following is my opinion. I am being brutally honest. So, if you are someone who gets easily offended, you should not read any further.

I do have evidence, though.
Check this post if you know not what I was talking about. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9208#p126978
In my opinion, posting in your own thread again and again just because you are not getting any comments is really... pitiful.
If you too can show how I was looking for trouble (in this forum), I would appreciate it.
I am a brutally honest person. So, if you find my critiques offensive, then you can always choose not to read them.
Remember that even my posts sounded harsh, they were spoken in a calm way.

justjoe wrote:Is this the same Wright who was just banned from LemmaSoft for being rude?

I am his brother.
Check this thread. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14031#p185701
You yourself posted that anyone providing critique is not trying to give personal attacks.
If you really admire Wright, then don't contradict yourself.

fleet wrote:The visual novel is complete; I edited the original post.

Oh, is that so? Then why does it still say-

fleet wrote:Work in progress.

If that post is edited, I think everyone will appreciate it.
So much self-contradiction these days!

Anyway, here is my brutally honest critique on the game. I hope you are grateful.
The plot was weak. The dialogues were bland. My advice is that you spend more time with your story and your characters.
It sounded like two robots were talking, not humans.
Also, you need to look for an artist.
I still miss my ex-girlfriend... but my aim is improving.
Wright

Postby ErikB » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Wright wrote:It's really rude to ask people to register in some other website just to download your game.

I disagree. It's not rude because you don't have to download it.
Fleet made it clear in the post that there are some hurdles to be jumped, for those interested in playing the game.

Wright wrote:I am a brutally honest person. So, if you find my critiques offensive, then you can always choose not to read them.
Remember that even my posts sounded harsh, they were spoken in a calm way.

You keep saying "brutally honest", but what do you mean exactly? In my PM to you I told you that I am okay with negative criticism as long as you treat the author with respect.
I consider myself to be a very harsh critic, but I don't want people to misunderstand my criticism so I go to great lengths to explain my position and opinions. You seem to leave it at "it's bad" and waive it off as just being honest.

As an example: I frequent a Swedish game development forum and recently some guy decided to put his source code online. (Because open source is so hip.) This is someone I know is very serious about game development and wants to work in the industry. I looked at the code he had uploaded and it was abysmal, and not just because of my personal tastes or whatever. It was just wrong. So wrong that I was genuinely afraid he was robbing himself of future career opportunities by posting that code on his personal website. So I let him know, or rather, I asked him why he chose to do it in that way and later I challenged him to change it and explained why I thought it was important. Whether or not he decides to change it is not my problem or responsibility. I made my voice heard and I hope he took my input as advice and not mindless nagging.

My point is. If you're going to write someone a bad review, the onus is on you to make your opinion known in a way that doesn't disrespect the author or turn yourself into "that guy" no one likes or bring a negative attitude to the forums at large.

I don't think banning is a good solution. I don't think people should need to sugar coat everything they say, but if the community is hurt, i.e. if someone feels they can't write about their game on this forum, then I'll do whatever it takes. I'm an adult. I expect other people to treat me and my friends as adults. If that's too hard, then they can go sit in the kiddy corner.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby fleet » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:44 pm

I've posted a download link in the first post of the topic.
fleet

Re: Vera Blanc and the Identity Thief -fan made game -html

Postby fleet » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Updated to HTML version, new artwork, playable on Windows, MAC, and Linux systems.
New download link in first post.
fleet

Return to Expo