[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - All You Can Sea Project

All You Can Sea Project

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

All You Can Sea Project

Postby kash » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:14 pm

“All You Can Sea” is creative project that involves a extensive story with accompanying illustrations. Cast upon a world in ceaseless war, "All You Can Sea" combines elements of Orwell's 1984, post apocalyptic flooding, and the spirit of classical 17th century pirate fiction. Colorful characters chart the course of history in a world that may have parallels to our own, wink*. High adventure on the high seas is thrust unto Robert Sand when he is kidnapped and forced to work for pirates lead by the charismatic but cold Cassandra Callistar. A fable treasure at horizon's end awaits and so does seas of enemies. Armies and armadas arrayed against them, is there hope? More sinister in the background lie the dark dreams and schemes of a Fleet Commander assembling to overthrow the stalemate of the three kingdoms. Intrigue and love follows as the plot deepens.
For more information, please visit the Project’s portal.

For the first chapter, feel free to download here. Password for the zip compressed file is “land of sand”

Above image is from the prologue, it only had a second of screen time I spent allot of effort on it so I thought it'd be nice to show you all the real deal. The image depicts three soldiers from the three kingdoms, also the endemic and futile nature of their warfare. Sorry I didn't add an image at first, I didn't know that was a requirement.

Greetings, glad to make your acquaintances, I’m new to these forums. I hope you enjoy reading. I want to give special thanks for the creator of Novelty without which this might not have been possible.

All story, images, and backgrounds are copyrighted property of Kash Chung. Use for other projects prohibited. Please don't distribute without permission.
Last edited by kash on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
What is the mountain's peak without pain of the trek to summit? What is victory without battle? What is Drama without Trauma?
kash

Location: The Glorious Greater People's Republic of the Amerikan Union

Re: All You Can Sea Project

Postby fleet » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:53 pm

I wish you success with your project.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Avaible » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Yep, I do too.
Avaible

Postby Wright » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:59 am

I don't.
Because this project looks so fantastic that I BELIEVE it will be successful.
The artwork is great. The concept is good too.
I will be looking forward to the release of this project.
Wright

Postby kash » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks, I appreciate your comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts on first chapter of the visual novel! I'm working on the next chapter of course but I would like to make some tweaks to the first chapter while I'm at it. I've had problems loading the novel on other computers? Sometimes the placement of character models is skewed. Do you experience these problems? Suggestions in general would be great!

Sincerely,
Kash
What is the mountain's peak without pain of the trek to summit? What is victory without battle? What is Drama without Trauma?
kash

Postby gekiganwing » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:55 am

gekiganwing

Postby kash » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:43 am

In truth, I'm not sure. I"m not sure whether novelty is the right program. I'm not sure I'm the right one. I've completed the entire script it's 15 chapters long. It took a month to complete the first chapter. Exactly 7.69% of the written text. Later chapters will have a greater money and time budget than the first. There'll be a productivity spike once I'm able to make models for the main cast but it's a project that's going to span the world in scope (lotsa background drawings) I'm hoping to recruit a team of talent to help me speed up this process.

I'm shooting for the stars, going commercial maybe if ever we're at that level. Right now though I need to generate some enthusiasm for this project, get the word out. If there's no demand, I'm gonna pack up my dreams. It is said that hope is the ultimate evil, for why was it in the bottom of pandora's pithos? Which peasant does not toil in the soil dreaming to become lord of his land? Which midshipmen doesn't dream of becoming captain of his own boat? The nature of hope is discussed in my work, ironic to my situation no?

This picture is of a character that enters in at chapter 10 the halfway point for the story. If you'd like to see her and many more, spread the word! =)
kash

Return to Expo