[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - BASS novel resources

BASS novel resources

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

BASS novel resources

Postby Olivia » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:20 am

Hey, I'm pretty new here and the visual novel making community (well, I've been in the game making community a lot longer but that's another story).

I found this website called BASSnovel, which is a Chinese visual novel making website that has a ton of resources. A lot of people use these resources for other engines like renai/renpy so I'm wondering if I can convert some resources over to novelty for the Novelty community (provided I give credit where due) as more resources would probably draw more people in.

What do you think? :)
Olivia

Re: BASS novel resources

Postby Michiyo6918 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:31 am

What do you mean by 'convert some resources over to novelty'? Does it mean you're going to use the resources on Bass to make your visual novel with novelty? If that's the case then of course you can, Bass is a free resources site, as long as you remember to give some credit to the creator, you can use their work in any engine you want.

I'm also making a visual novel right now with some sprites took from Bass as place holder until I got my new tablet, it's not again the law anyway ;)

If I'm misunderstand something here then forgive me :P My English is like super ****....

Btw, is this topic in the wrong box? Expo is supposed to be where people post their Visual Novel right?
Michiyo6918

Postby Olivia » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:59 am

My bad! I had the Content Creation and Expo in two different tabs and got mixed up. Hopefully a mod will help me move it.

Well, what I generally meant is since Novelty keeps it's characters in .nml format with different emotions etc if it was possible to convert the images to these and redistribute them with credit. I ask this because I have a bunch of these of my harddrive and they never get used and I think the Novelty community might appreciate them a bit.
Olivia

Postby Michiyo6918 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:00 am

Wah, that will save a lot of time! :lol: If you upload it on the forum, I will be the first person to download it.

Every time I use a sprite on Bass I always have to save it as .png file (Most of the sprite on there are all in .gif or something that Designer can not read, at least every sprite that I have downloaded until now) and then put it in the designer tool to make it into an actor. That would be great if you plan on doing something like that!
Michiyo6918

Postby Avaible » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:19 pm

As long as the creators of the content are okay with having their work distributed, of course you can use them in Novelty and/or upload them.

@Michiyo The Designer should be able to read gif-files. Though even then you would still have to make actors with different states out of them^^
Avaible

Postby Michiyo6918 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:37 pm

@Available: Really? I didn't know that. Then could you tell me what is this error? Why when I go to create text resource from file and then click on the .gif file, it said something like this:

:_: It doesn't allow me to read .gif file.... I wonder why :?
Michiyo6918

Postby Avaible » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Try leaving out the Space in 'Pose 1' :: 'Pose1'
Avaible

Postby Michiyo6918 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:28 pm

It's still not working :shock:
Michiyo6918

Postby Avaible » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 pm

How about leaving out all spaces in the file-path?
(Like in 'Place holder for...)
Avaible

Postby Michiyo6918 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Still not working :_: I place the pic in the assets\texture folder of novelty but it still has the same error :roll: I guess I will just convert it into .png like I've always done before. Thanks for helping me anyway xD
Michiyo6918

Postby Avaible » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Sure. If you feel like it you can upload the gif. Would interest me why it doesn't work.
Avaible

Postby Olivia » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Designer is not compatible with gif files, I tried it too. I simply use Reaconverter to batch convert them all. Plus png is a smaller file size anyway.
Olivia

Postby Avaible » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Ha~ maybe there are differences between gifs themselfs, since I can usually use them in Designer. Guess whatever works for you.
Avaible

Return to Expo