[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Silent Lyrics

Silent Lyrics

Show off your works in progress or share your completed games with the community.

Silent Lyrics

Postby Marcelo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:46 pm

-Title may change-

Looking for a composer (Rock/ Techno themes-or similar types)

Also looking for a background Artist-

Leona
BIO
City: Wind Springs
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 107 lbs
Build: slender
weapon of choice - "Pipe bomb" (her microphone)

Leona is the (not so silent) rather outspoken protagonist, and lead singer in her band. Cute and helpless is not her game and she is always ready for a fight, she looks to prove that she is more than just a pretty face.

Gerard
BIO
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 160 lbs
Build: Solid
weapon of choice - Blazing Hammer (His guitar)

Gerard is the laid back Guitarist who loves to light up the stage with his amazing talent. When he's not out actively living his "hardcore" life style, he spends his time practicing. He is often hot headed when it comes to bullies and is always looking out for Leona and Misty.

Misty
BIO
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 110 lbs
Build: Slender
weapon of choice - Her keyboard (the one to her computer, she is an active blogger)

Misty, also known as "the Queen of the band" plays the keyboard and sings backup for Leona. She was the original lead singer of the band but gracefully stepped down in favor of Leona taking on the role. She is a very talented song writer and helps Leona with her lyrics. Although she is no longer the lead singer she still refers to it as "her band" and looks after Leona as if she her younger sister.

Mitch
BIO
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 155 lbs
Build: Average
weapon of choice - bare fist

Mitch A.K.A "IronHead" is the drummer in the band. The strong silent type for sure and has no problem commanding a room when he enters. But there is another side to him that most don't know about. He also has a nice singing voice but is to shy to sing in front of others.

Julius
BIO
City: Unknown
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Build: Solid
weapon of choice - Silver tongue

Julius is the big city producer who shows up in Wind Springs looking for new talent to represent. He is as notorious in his work as he is almost legendary, every talent that he has found go on to become something big.
Marcelo

Re: Silent Lyrics

Postby Marcelo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:13 pm

More Updates

Ok I have a few updates here, first a few character pics and bios (posted above). I'll be finishing a few more and posting those as well. Comments and critiques are always welcomed.

Story:
You play as Leona, the protagonist in the game and you will follow her on her day to day activities. Everything from going shopping, going on dates, going to rehearsal, and yes even the concerts.
One of the things I've noticed about the VNs I've played is that the protagonist carries the sway. What I mean by that is they are the one's that by their choices changes the people around them and so forth.
I want to try something a little different here, something that isn't so one sided and makes the protagonist seem more human.
In this game there will be a lot of room for character development for not only the other characters but for the protagonist also.
First the choices that you the player make throughout her day to day life will have an effect on her personality and the way she behaves. Also depending on who she dates will have a similar effect.

Romances:
I stated before that there would be_ obtainable guys, but after consulting with a friend who has offered to help with the project, we decided to add a few more. However, not all the dateables will be in it for the long hall. Let's just call them a single date but to say anymore would be spoiling things.
I'm trying to make this more fun and challenging to play so to change things up a bit. The dating game won't be on a level playing field as there will be some that like you more than others meaning that for some you will have to put in some work while others may be pretty easy.

Game Play:
I would love to have this voiced, that would make it so much better. But I do want to have songs included since this is a band and all.
I'm working out the option of having minigames also, and possibly having the player learn the words to the songs and select the right words to have a great concert.
Marcelo

Postby emotaku » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:41 am

Hey, I really like the concept to your VN. I just discovered Novelty today, when researching various methods to create works of my own. As a writer, I feel confident I will be able to make some progress over the next year or so towards my own original story. I'm actually in the middle of Kira Kira right now, which is probably why I'm inspired more to start a work of my own, since that story seems to combine my two loves... Music, and an engaging story. That isn't really important right now I guess, its a bit ot.

I literally just registered to the forum, to reply to your search for music composer for rock/techno etc. That's actually right up my alley, I produce my own electronic music in FL studio 10 (with rather excellent instrument samples... Oh how I love the sound of the 808 and 909 electronic drums!) I've also been playing guitar for roughly 14 years, writing my own music ranging from punk, emo, post hardcore, to grunge, acoustic indie rock, and some folk. I'd be more than happy to e-mail you a megaupload link to some samples of my original work, most of the electric guitar is rough recording right now, but it should give you an idea of what I can do. I can include some of my electronic compositions as well.

Note: I would like to avoid using some of the stuff I intend to use as samples, as I've been writing it for a near future band I'm in the process of forming. But I will gladly create fresh material if you would like. Feel free to PM me with your email, or let me know if you'd prefer I PM you a link. At this time, I don't have samples available to stream due to their rough quality, but you can check out my rather simplistic acoustic emo project on myspace Don't mind my vocals much, they're IMO fair/decent at best. But expression is what's important.

-Ron
emotaku

Postby EriksBlue » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:46 am

I drew this, was bored.
Attachments
End.png
EriksBlue

Return to Expo