[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - My stand-alone game won't work

My stand-alone game won't work

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

My stand-alone game won't work

Postby Katagi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:50 am

Hello there

I'm new to Novelty but how can I make my stand alone game work.I already exported it to 'stand alone game' and all was well.But when I tried to run the stand alone game, It froze when the game was just about to start.

Replies would be very appreciated :D
Katagi

Re: My stand-alone game won't work

Postby fleet » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:38 am

When you exported the game and tried to start it, it should have created a log.txt file in the folder to which you exported the game.
Post the contents of the log.txt file and one of the gurus here might be able to help.
very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Katagi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:44 am

Thanks!

Okay : I do have a log file...
but there's nothing written on it @_@;;;
Katagi

Postby fleet » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:59 am

Sorry it's not working for you. I don't think I'll be much help, but if you answer some of the questions one of the gurus might be able to give you some advice.

With the game open, press the f7 key (this plays the game in stand-alone mode). Does it play okay?
What version of Windows are you using? Is it 32 bit or 64 bit?
Did you set any options in the Options tab of the "Export as Stand-alone" window?

very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:20 am

We had such gurus here ...?:D

Another question, did any kind of error-message pop up when starting the game, when exporting the game or (if you use scripts) when compiling those?
Avaible

Postby Katagi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Sorry for the wait >.<

@fleet

1.The game freezes even if I play it in stand alone
2.I have a 32-bit operating system, Vista
3.Well...I did check compile content

@Avaible

No there weren't any errors, Unless you consider windows saying that Player.exe stopped working :/ while starting the game (which immediately froze)
However when I do hit the button 'play novel from the beginning' in Novelty, it does fine.
Katagi

Postby ErikB » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Player.exe is not the file to run. You'll find your executable in the Build folder.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Actually, what does Player.exe even do?
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:19 pm

Player.exe is the stand-alone player but it won't run on its own.

Novelty will run it when you press the preview as stand-alone button in Novelty. When you export as a stand-alone Novelty will make a copy of Player.exe and then modify it to load and run your game.
So stand-alone games are modified copies of Player.exe, but not the same exactly.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:56 pm

I see
Avaible

Postby Katagi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:53 pm

I didn't click the file called 'Player.exe' :?

I clicked the stand alone game itself.It froze and windows gave me a message that said 'Player.exe stopped working'
Katagi

Postby Avaible » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Could you give some screen-shots?
Which file you opened and in which folder.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:46 pm

If "Player.exe stopped working" then you or Novelty ran Player.exe, but it shouldn't crash to begin with.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Katagi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:11 pm

Hmmm, I could have sworn Windows said 'Player.exe' rather than 'Untitled.exe'.
Sorry

XD
Katagi

Postby ErikB » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:32 pm

What happens if you disable the "Compile content" option?
ErikB
Novelty developer

Next

Return to Support & Development