[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Help with fixing my Bedroom System?

Help with fixing my Bedroom System?

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Help with fixing my Bedroom System?

Postby KoizuDDR » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:17 am

Alright, let me start this thread by saying I am about to reference to Persona 3: Portable a hell of a lot, considering that what I am creating is a Persona 3 parody/spinoff/whatever you want to call it. I hope this is cool.

Right; for those of you who haven't played P3P, at the end of the day you take your hero to your bedroom. Here you can either choose to sleep (thus bringing on the next day. In my game, Days are seperated by chapters.) or whilst you're still awake, you can perform various other activities like Studying, Watching the TV, etc.

How it's working in my game so far is that once all of the things that happen in the day, you are taken to a page, which happens to be the system I was talking about above. I thought I'd be able to get it to work the way I had desired by doing the following:

1) Having several layers each with the Command Prompt and Buttons, all the buttons telling the game what label to jump to, etc.
2) Using the Screens system. The hotspots on the image would call the Screen, and then the appropriate button on the screen would jump to whichever Label on the page it was being told to. This had flawed due to the fact that Screens are pretty much their own page, and I can't access the labels from the previous screen.

This is what the code looks like at the moment:
Stop BGM
Label: Reset
Show: Study Hotspot
Hide Layer: Study
Hide Layer: Sleep
Hide Layer: Novel Interface
Wait: Wait Forever
Label: Sleep
Hide: Study Hotspot
Show: Sleep (The command was given in the button because no further narration was needed)
Wait: Wait Forever
Label: Study A
Hide: Study Hotspot
Show: Novel Interface
Dialogue: >You Studied until the early hours of the morning.
Dialouge: >Your Academics have decreased! (Game-wide joke.)
Dialouge: >Time to call it a night...
Go To: Day 1, Calender Transition

As you can see, things are pretty messy, so my burning hot question is how can I have a hotspot call the question box when there are multiple to be called? (the question is pre-rendered as an image, which I will give an example of, with two buttons telling the command what to do.) Preferably I would like to have the question appear the same way a screen would. (Dimming the game's background and everything on the page, and then having the option zoom into the screen)

Here's an example of the images in question. The blank bar is where the buttons would go:
KoizuDDR

Re: Help with fixing my Bedroom System?

Postby 8oni » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:46 am

I try make what requested here.

So on the video you can see that you can do activity such as study, sleep or watch tv.
As you can see I have stat screen where the academic is originally 10 and if user choose to study then the academic will increased by 5.
To make the different dialogue I use thread. There is button and hotspot on the screen so you can use whatever you like. For example if you didn't want to use button but have user click the picture of tv then just put hotspot there and set it to go the proper thread and so on.
You can see download the project example here : http://8oni.deviantart.com/art/Novelty- ... -603572776

After you download the zip just extract then put it into Projects Folder :)

Feel free to ask if there is any problems and please share if you think this is useful
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby fleet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:37 am

Cool! Thanks for posting this.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby 8oni » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:30 am

So many idea, so little time
8oni

Return to Support & Development